User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 White Mazda 3 MPS on sale in Australia from October 2011

looks the same to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    looks the same to me!
    I'm glad you said that Brad. I can't see it either :/

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Just saw it at the dealer. Interior trim is the same (i.e with the red highlights in the cloth trim pieces), and the all white rear bumper doesn't do it any favours.

The white is a nice colour though. One of these with contrasting black parts would look great.

What about seats are they revised?? Ditto every comment that 'update' looks the same!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    What about seats are they revised?? Ditto every comment that 'update' looks the same!
    They looked pretty much the same to me, didn't test them though.

Yep looks exactly the same to me! I don't see a difference between the 2011 and 2012 models. I'm pretty dissapointed with the new instruments colors. The older ones looked much nicer!
    I get the car on the 11th of October but the dealer in Melb has no idea what changes have been made to the car, so thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
    Yep looks exactly the same to me! I don't see a difference between the 2011 and 2012 models. I'm pretty dissapointed with the new instruments colors. The older ones looked much nicer!
    I get the car on the 11th of October but the dealer in Melb has no idea what changes have been made to the car, so thanks for the info!
    You'll be one of the first to get the 2012 Gen 2, so you'll have to do a write up..full pics and everything ... no pressure
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    You'll be one of the first to get the 2012 Gen 2, so you'll have to do a write up..full pics and everything ... no pressure
    Haha will be more than happy to do so as soon as I get the car

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

and i was waiting for big changes with the update ie- interior seat color removal change... may as well buy a 1 yr old mps and save myself 12k..

looking at the pics i cant see any changes either except dash cluster and color ..

Imo the update is quite disappointing. I've also heard that the dials are no longer blacked out like the previous model.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    There is a white one at dealership near me, went and had a look today, they said I can go for test drive next weekend

Seats are about the same, sadly it appears to be mostly a cosmetic update... Gen 1 is still better, will update with more impressions post drive
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Who is handy with photoshop and can black out the rear valance?
    Check here:
    2009 Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3 SEMA Editions picture: 331557 - Top Speed

Dear Mazda,

Changing the dash lights ever so slightly, trimming the lineup to one model choice and swapping a blue exterior paint choice for a white one is NOT good enough for "Series II."

Booooo Mazda. We have known for quite some time that the revisions would only be very minor, but still...grrrrrr

Adrian

Yup very poor excuse for so called update.

Subaru sorted their why cant Mazda do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    There is a white one at dealership near me, went and had a look today, they said I can go for test drive next weekend

Seats are about the same, sadly it appears to be mostly a cosmetic update... Gen 1 is still better, will update with more impressions post drive
    Go for a drive with the saleman...and say .. "um..i think it needs a rear engine mount..."
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Go for a drive with the saleman...and say .. "um..i think it needs a rear engine mount..."
    Lmao

And better seats... The one thing I really want to find out is the new SP update, when it's coming out and specs

Curious to see if the 2012 mps is more than just a slap of paint

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

if you have any other requests for photos let me know and i'll see what i can do
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

That looks different to my Gen II. Is this the luxury model ? Looks Like they've changed the stereo control knobs and added more stainless steel trim. Also the gear stick has lost some of its shinyness ?! They've removed the fake silver plastic around the gear stick as well.

Here is a pic of my stereo to compare. I've marked the bits to look at .

Got a wide angle pic of the dash ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpsdash1.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	9592  
    Last edited by naasif; 18-09-2011 at 09:27 PM.

That looks different to my Gen II. Is this the luxury model ? Looks Like they've changed the stereo control knobs and added more stainless steel trim. Also the gear stick has lost some of its shinyness ?! They've removed the fake silver plastic around the gear stick as well.

Attachment 9590

Here is a pic of my stereo to compare. I've marked the bits to look at .

Got a wide angle pic of the dash ?
    thats all i got unfortunately
    and the lighting in that place was sh!te
    gear stick and dash do look the same layout wise, but less silver on the new one

I re-edited my previous post. The inline image uploading is really giving me the SH!TS.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

if you have any other requests for photos let me know and i'll see what i can do
    Can you confirm if the dials are no longer blacked out and are always visible even with the car turned off?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast