User Tag List

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hi All,
    Finally got the courage to start a thread and say hello.
    I own a 2007 3MPS which I purchased brand new.
    Over the years I have added a few mods. The main ones I currently have, and not in any order are -

CPE CAI
    CPE Standback (tuned by MPS Garage)
    Corksport TIP
    ETS 3.25" TMIC
    CPE 60 Duro Engine Mount
    Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
    Corksport Mid Pipe
    Boost Gauge
    Genie SS High Flo Muffler

I have a question about my BOV setup. As you all know the Standback has the ability to be setup so the BOV can VTA. At the moment I have it setup as 50:50 recirc/VTA. The spring tension is tightened to about half way. Every now and then when on light boost and then changing gears from 2nd to 3rd, I hear a pop/backfire. When on WOT and full boost I doesn't seem to do it.
    My current Fuel Cut Settings on the Standback are -
    Fuel Restore TPS - 1
    Fuel Cut Volts - 1.2
    Min MAP Enable - -04.00
    Fuel Restore RPM - 1200
    MAF Volt Clip - 4.90

What am I doing wrong ?
    Do I need to tighten the BOV spring more ?

Cheers

HI and welcome nice mods.. good to see another member close by.. keep an eye out on cruz's and local ones at that, but this is a biggie a must go- http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...ry-2011-a.html

3. Default

Welcome and great you finally posted, there are a heap of guys around Newcastle/Hunter area, I think they will be organising a local meet up soon so keep your eyes peeled.

I dont know how to help with your problem sorry, my cars quite virginal as far as mods go

to ozmps
    there is a dyno day coming up at tunehouse where alot of brains will be: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...h-october.html
    im sure you'll be able to find answers to your questions there, if no one answers you before hand
    hope you enjoy your time here
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hi There! Welcome to OzMPSClub!

Try running the BOV in full recirc.. that will most likely fix the issue..
    I have the GFB BOV and in 50/50 it pops sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    my cars quite virginal as far as mods go
    Unless MPS decals count as mods ? Welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy your time!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Leelu, decals are worth 1hp only.. red gets you an additional 10 ponnies!! I will swear by it

Welcome to the forum, I still run the std BOV and that's good enough for me now.....

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin33 View Post
    Leelu, decals are worth 1hp only.. red gets you an additional 10 ponnies!! I will swear by it
    *takes notes*

And I didn't even have those on the car when I pulled 3 more kwatw against 2 other stock MPS's on dyno day
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Increase the spring tension a little more and see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    And I didn't even have those on the car when I pulled 3 more kwatw against 2 other stock MPS's on dyno day
    That 3kw was due to sheer awesome

Oh and welcome. Nice mods
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now