User Tag List

Thread: Finally!!!

1. Default Finally!!!

I don't know how much activity goes on here still but 13 years after I first drove and fell in love with a MPS 3 I have finally bought one. I bought an SP23 a few months before the first MPS was released and every time mine was in for a service Mazda would throw me the keys to an MPS 3. My circumstances changed before I was due for a new car so it never happened. Fast forward till a few months ago and I finally started looking again. The first one I drove had the full tune, Corksport exhaust, intake and filter, etc. It was a little rough and was louder than my old commodore V8s back in the day. I just wasn't feeling it. I thought I had grown out of my MPS days. I test drove a few more and was getting pissed off. They were either try hard race cars or as rough as guts. People really have hammered the life out of them. Well today I drove a 2006 BK Sports and fell in love again. It has done 175k but has all services at Mazda dealerships. Oil changes every 5k for the last 5 years and was driven 6k in the last year. Only mods are after market engine mounts, Corksport intake box and filter and tinted windows! It looks like showroom inside and out and drives like a dream. So damned excited!

Blog Entries

Hi, welcome and congrats! I imagine it would be getting harder to find relatively unmolested examples with relatively low Kms these days. Glad you found one that ticked the boxes for you. We're somewhat quieter here than the heady early days, but not intending to disappear anytime soon. There's a number of facebook groups that might prove fruitful for finding local meets. Sadly the friendly community that ozmps fostered isn't always reflected on facebook - there's a few loose units, shall we say - but if you're looking to connect with other owners that might be another place to find them.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Welcome and congratulations! The site seems really quiet but there is a ton of useful information, including tasteful mods. Enjoy!

4. Default

Wow! Congrats!

5. Default

Good for you! Congratulations and enjoy the ride.