User Tag List

Thread: Hey everyone

Default Hey everyone

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to introduce myself to all you fine people... I'm Jay, long time forum stalker, first time poster.
    After 8 long years of driving a VW Vento, I will be getting behind the wheel of an 06 Mazda 6 MPS tomorrow - so keen.
    I'm looking forward to learning heaps from all you knowledgeable dudes out there, so cheers in advance.
    I think I'll start out easy with just a few cosmetic mods... Bonnet decals, plasti-dip wheels with MPS decals and custom plates.
    Stay awesome everyone.

Welcome mate, what colour is your car?

Sent from my HTC One X

Welcome! Great to see new SA member! Upload some pics of your ride too

Cheers guys... 1CMS1, it's red. I'll post pics sometime soon after Easter. Cheers again for the welcome.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, and superb choice of MPS (you might notice the 6 owners are outnumbered!)

Great to see another SA member here, hopefully catch you at a cruise at some point.

And good luck with your non-modding goals, the fact you are on this website means you are doomed lol, the bug bites pretty much everyone who enters

Hey mate, good to have another 6 around here!
    Don't let me shoot your ideas down, but plastidipping your wheels may be something you regret - it can chip easily meaning you need to re-apply it over and over if you are obsessed with the appearance (as i am :P).

Good luck!

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Fully6mps, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it becomes an obsession

wsDKII, cheers for the advice... I was hoping that the plasticity of the coating might be able to absorb some punishment before tearing. I leant towards this method as powder coating seems too expensive, considering I'll want to change wheels sometime soon. Any other suggestions or options people have used that gave a good result?

Finally picked up the 6 last night... It is so much fun to drive, but I gotta get used to the tiny dis/engage point of the clutch. Today I'll put some decent hours into detailing it and making it loom pretty before I post pics.

Looking forward to seeing the pics. With your wheels, if you will be replacing them soon, i wouldn't bother with any mods. Wasted investment.

And yea, the clutch can be a bit short, especially when going from neutral to first. You will get used to it. Also note there is a clutch mod you can do. Search around if you're interested, it basically decreases the pressure required to press the pedal, making it easier to fine tune the takeup of your foot on the pedal.

What mods you thinking about?

wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Awesome... I might look at that mod for the clutch. I reckon initial mods will be plasti dipping the roof and badges, I was also considering a change of BOV and maybe a boost controller and boost gauge. I've read that the factory BOV isn't too bad for stock boost, but being plastic, it kinda scares me.

I'm running a gfb t9002 bov (only had it for 2 weeks) sounds great with 90% recirc, no CEL and holds boost better. Makes for a smoother run.....well i think so anyway. Actually i was running 100% recirc but it felt like it was returning too much pressure to the turbo, and the ECU was compensating by dropping the boost....which made the car lurch between gear shifts under full boost. So yea, 85-90% recirc is working for me.

Boost gauge is good, but unless your doing a new turbo, the stock controller is fine IMO

wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

12. Default

Welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399187834479.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	16197
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399187863041.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	16198

Couple of quick pics now that I've cleaned it... I'm hoping to dip my roof and wheels soon, so I thought I'd better have some before shots.

'06 MAZDA 6 MPS - Is that a bulge in your bonnet, or are you just pleased to see me?

New plates coming soon too.

Welcome mate, you will love the MPS6, there awesome