User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Hey All!

  1. Default Hey All!

    Hey everyone! I'm new to the site and I'm new to the car! Recently just bought my first MPS! I've lost my licence for 3 years but in 1 week I will have my licence back super syked!
    My car is a black 2008 MPS SPORT

    I have already ordered the cp-e triple gauge pod and 3 Prosport Premium Halo gauges, hopefully receive everything mid next week and should have everything installed by the time I can drive! Once everything is in ill repost in this topic!
    Please I'm open to ideas to make to car more tougher and more reliable!


    2008 Mazda MPS SPORT - Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
    2008 Mazda 3 MPS Sport - Turbosmart Dualport - CP-E Cold Air Intake - Short Shift Plate

  2. Default

    Holy hell what did you lose your license for? Murder?!

    Welcome she looks great

  3. Default

    I lost it in my Holden vy SS, racing my mate on his cbr250RR. Lol I did the time, so now I can't wait to start cruising again!


    2008 Mazda MPS SPORT - Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

  4. #4

    Default

    I hate to say this, but good luck keeping it in an MPS.
    I'm sure you won't be in a hurry to lose it again, (i'd hate that!!) but just sayin, can be pretty damn easy to earn some points and lose from $$ with these cars.

    That said, welcome, looks like a sweet car you got there, 08 sports model FTW!!! (Best choice there is )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Moorooka, Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Welcome mate. Another member is only days away from getting his license back @Justin You must be very excited.

    Lots of information here on ways to empty you bus money.

    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

  6. Default

    thanks everyone.. Yea as i can see even my mum is having trouble to stick to the speed limit.. hahaha
    most of the work i want to do to it is looks! maybe a tune oneday...
    i put my order in for the prosport gauges, i ordered boost, oil pressure and volts(i was going to get AFR but too much $$$)
    Prosport cost me US$310 Shipped and the CP-e triple pod cost me US$270 Shipped.. take about a arm and a leg!
    next up is th eonon screen.. and bad feed back from it? ive also seen 2 types which there is one with a mirror screen option, which i want.. and although i dis like reversing cameras, i need one on my car because of the tints being too dark.
    does it come with it or will i need to buy it separate?

  7. #7

    Default

    Hi and welcome

  8. #8

    Default

    Welcome

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KostaMPS View Post
    thanks everyone.. Yea as i can see even my mum is having trouble to stick to the speed limit.. hahaha
    most of the work i want to do to it is looks! maybe a tune oneday...
    i put my order in for the prosport gauges, i ordered boost, oil pressure and volts(i was going to get AFR but too much $$$)
    Prosport cost me US$310 Shipped and the CP-e triple pod cost me US$270 Shipped.. take about a arm and a leg!
    next up is th eonon screen.. and bad feed back from it? ive also seen 2 types which there is one with a mirror screen option, which i want.. and although i dis like reversing cameras, i need one on my car because of the tints being too dark.
    does it come with it or will i need to buy it separate?

    The bad feedback from the Eonon unit is mainly because of the pop on bluetooth connecting, and some volume issues with music playback, but there are ways around that. If you play your music through bluetooth, then the volume control is fine because you have volume control both from your phone and the unit, and through the combination of the two, it's fine. Also with the loud "POP" on connecting to bluetooth, it only sometimes happens, and doesn't happen if the volume is low?
    To me the disadvantages are far outweighed be the advantages It's great for its price tag.

    Another thing to keep in mind, if you're wanting to run the oil pressure gauge, you're going to need to do the spin on oil conversion. This is because you need an adapter plate to run your oil pressure sensor from and this goes between the block and a spin on filter...
    You can get the adapter plate from prosport too, but you can pick up ones off eBay for a bit cheaper..
    You can also get the spin on conversion from the vendor @EdgeAutosport.com on here, I got mine and iirc it was about $60?...
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

    CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC






  10. #10

    Default

    Welcome, and yes @Yeldarb only 3 and a bit days till I can drive again

    Don't know how you survived 3 years... I only had 3 months and had to change my whole life around to suit it, including giving up pets and my house...

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    The bad feedback from the Eonon unit is mainly because of the pop on bluetooth connecting, and some volume issues with music playback, but there are ways around that. If you play your music through bluetooth, then the volume control is fine because you have volume control both from your phone and the unit, and through the combination of the two, it's fine. Also with the loud "POP" on connecting to bluetooth, it only sometimes happens, and doesn't happen if the volume is low?
    To me the disadvantages are far outweighed be the advantages It's great for its price tag.

    Another thing to keep in mind, if you're wanting to run the oil pressure gauge, you're going to need to do the spin on oil conversion. This is because you need an adapter plate to run your oil pressure sensor from and this goes between the block and a spin on filter...
    You can get the adapter plate from prosport too, but you can pick up ones off eBay for a bit cheaper..
    You can also get the spin on conversion from the vendor @EdgeAutosport.com on here, I got mine and iirc it was about $60?...
    Wow thanks GibbA
    All this info was very helpful! So I contacted Prosport to see if they could add on the adapter to my order.. Hopefully I get a response by tonight...
    Yes 3 years is a life time for a true car enthusiast! I just don't want to do all the licence tests all over again! I just want to be back on the road again! Once I find out when I get my licence back ill organise a cruise.


    2008 Mazda MPS SPORT - Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
    2008 Mazda 3 MPS Sport - Turbosmart Dualport - CP-E Cold Air Intake - Short Shift Plate

  12. Default

    Also does anyone know if the eonon connect with the red display? Say if I wanted too change the time on it.. That would be some thing small that would irritate me.


    2008 Mazda MPS SPORT - Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I hate to say this, but good luck keeping it in an MPS.
    I'm sure you won't be in a hurry to lose it again, (i'd hate that!!) but just sayin, can be pretty damn easy to earn some points and lose from $$ with these cars.
    It all comes down to time, and place.

    You can't blame the car for demerits, or speeding fines - especially when some of us have zero demerits to our name, and have always driven modified turbo cars... ^_^

    Self control, and being aware of your surroundings is the key
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    It all comes down to time, and place.

    You can't blame the car for demerits, or speeding fines - especially when some of us have zero demerits to our name, and have always driven modified turbo cars... ^_^

    Self control, and being aware of your surroundings is the key
    I haven't had a fine in well over 5 years. I've certainly exceeded the speed limit enough though.


    Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

  15. Default

    My record was pretty good.. never own a turbo..but i had the power in my ss.. i had 350HP at the wheels... and the only time i got done for speeding in it was that time i lose my licence.. ive got pretty bad luck... @bodyboardingbum
    organising getting my licence back.. trying to see if i dont have to do all the tests again.. hopefully just get back on my blacks!

  16. Default

    So i got my L's today cruising is so much better when ur driving your own car!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda L.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	15462

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KostaMPS View Post
    So i got my L's today cruising is so much better when ur driving your own car!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda L.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	15462
    Really back on ur L's???

    Glad to hear your back on the road
    Be careful of the loud pedal!!!

    Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

  18. #18

    Default

    ...sorry officer I was only doing 105dba....

  19. Default

    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA well i was only on my L's for a day now im back on my Full's...
    When are we cruising boys?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •