User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: potential new member.

  1. Default potential new member.

    Hi peeps,

    Just thought I'd say hi. I'm relatively new to MPS's but not to hot hatches. Previously I've owned 2 XR5's and a Focus RS. Love them to bits but I think now its time for me to try something a little different. My friend owned a MPS a few years back and I loved it I've got nothing bad to say about it and hopefully I can get into one fairly soon and looking forward to a new experience

    I'm currently looking at one on carsales thats in VIC for about 16k. You guys may recognise it as it has a aftermarket front bumper (red colour).

    Does anyone out there know of any for sale around that mark. I can go up to 16.5k

    Thanks guys

    Jazz

  2. #2

    Default

    Welcome

    You're saying you "HAD" an focus RS and now coming to MPS? Woah..!

    That one with body kit and exhaust etc etc?
    That's been for sale for about 10 months or so i'd say. Got reasonably low kms iirc?

  3. Default

    Yeah HAD a RS. Long story but I'm happy to be coming over here.

    Yes thats the one with the body kit and 85000k's anyone know why it hasnt sold anyone know this car?

  4. #4

    Default

    People are prob just cautious about buying a modded car, and one with an after market body kit at that. Gives connotations that perhaps the car hasn't had a kind or easy 85 thousand kms.. Up to you though. Go check it out if you're keen
    Not sure if anyone else knows the car, but they might?

  5. #5

    Default

    That one looks nice , FMIC, , Zorst , wheels.i highly recommend u take to a mechanic to check all the usual suspect stuff (smokey turbo, VVT, , timing chain) stuff. Get Mazda to do a report
    That's a good price as well

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    9,459

    Default

    Also get a compression test done, it'll tell you a lot about the health of the engine
    With all those mods, ask if it has a fuel pump upgrade...

  7. Default

    No fuel pump upgrade and he got the front bar to accommodate the FMIC a little easier. Apparently all the the work has been done professionally and he has 98% of the receipts for work done. Log books are all up to date and apparently interior/exterior is in immaculate condition. Reason for selling is he's getting married and he's been dropping the price over time. I think he may be getting a little desperate to sell now as his wedding is very close apparently.

    I'd love to be able to take it to a mechanic but as I live in Syd its going to be very hard to get done as he's in Melb. =(

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah as i said, it's been up for sale for the most part of a year. Not surprised he's desperate

  9. #9

    Default

    It's a buyers market at moment.

  10. #10

    Default

    Sure is. And a desperate seller means a cheaper car too

    Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    No fuel pump upgrade and he got the front bar to accommodate the FMIC a little easier. Apparently all the the work has been done professionally and he has 98% of the receipts for work done. Log books are all up to date and apparently interior/exterior is in immaculate condition. Reason for selling is he's getting married and he's been dropping the price over time. I think he may be getting a little desperate to sell now as his wedding is very close apparently.

    I'd love to be able to take it to a mechanic but as I live in Syd its going to be very hard to get done as he's in Melb. =(
    You could have a look on here for good mechanic in Melbourne, call them and book the car in. Tell the guy your keen and get him to take there.

    Get the mechanic to email you the report and go from there. I'd be nervous if it's a moded mps with no fuel pump upgrade.

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by o0 Matt 0o View Post
    You could have a look on here for good mechanic in Melbourne, call them and book the car in. Tell the guy your keen and get him to take there.

    Get the mechanic to email you the report and go from there. I'd be nervous if it's a moded mps with no fuel pump upgrade.

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4
    good idea. Anyone know of a mechanic in MELB that knows the MPS and what to look out for??

  13. Default

    ok so I got the owner to take pics of the log book and they are all up to date. Anyone in Melb know of Ash motors in Brunswick?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Blue Mountains
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Im going with potentially hello at the moment lol.

    Good luck with your hunt for an MPS mate.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North side, Vic
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    For 16.5 come and pick up our 6 mps ;-)
    I'll even let it go with the Sri, new spare filter, hypertech, the spare rear pads and rotors and the brake fluid.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    For 16.5 come and pick up our 6 mps ;-)
    I'll even let it go with the Sri, new spare filter, hypertech, the spare rear pads and rotors and the brake fluid.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    He won't find one that's been better looked after!
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Blue Mountains
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    He won't find one that's been better looked after!
    True that.

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    For 16.5 come and pick up our 6 mps ;-)
    I'll even let it go with the Sri, new spare filter, hypertech, the spare rear pads and rotors and the brake fluid.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    That is very tempting.......

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North side, Vic
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    The only problem with it is a slight squeak when cold which is one of the side motor mounts complaining it's on the way out. @dazza has one for me and it will be changed as soon as I see his beautiful head again to get it (wife gave birth on the 9th).

    It's a luxury pack which means xenons, Bose, full leather and sunroof.

    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...62006-14705543

    No rush to sell but worth mentioning. I'm not dropping past 17.5 for a car sales buyer and they won't get any of the mods either.

    For a club member I'll drop to 16.5 with the mods.

    If not I'll keep driving it and have 3 cars to choose from in the morning lol.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Jmac; 21-08-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

    FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

    CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

    6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

    3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •