User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Welcome aboard!

    As for oils, running a full-syn is really a waste of cash in any car other than a super-hot running race-car or a car that is tracked very regularly. Give Penrite a call (in Boronia/Wantirna) and get a few ins and outs about oils. Basically, a full-syn is more about degradation at extremes, which rarely happen in our cars. It's the additives that companies put into the oils and how they're mixed/blended that make or break an oil. The actual lubricating part is only a small part of the overall picture.

    The price for the service seems decent but as mentioned, listen to the crowd. If people are unhappy with a particular service centre, they will let others know.

    I hear you about the black... I own a Gen 1 black 3 MPS and well, I could make people cry with how neglected it is in terms of cleaning and swirls etc.
    ok cheers. Do you think $260.00 is high for a minor mazda service?
    I guess ill just get the service done with genuine mazda oils.

  2. Default

    I think $260 is low for a genuine Mazda dealer minor service! But then the dealer will always charge a premium. As for the oil, someone on here should be able to tell you what the genuine oil is that they use. It's a commercial brand that they opt to use.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    ok cheers. Do you think $260.00 is high for a minor mazda service?
    I guess ill just get the service done with genuine mazda oils.
    Car Servicing Cost & Price Guide for a Mazda BK Mazda 3 MPS 2.3ltr Man Turbo - carservice.com.au
    Its in spec. Give GWS in mulgrave a ring and ask how much theirs is.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48





  4. Default

    Welcome and grats

  5. #25

    Default

    Hey guys, I noticed that the rear bumper bottom on the 2012 model has a black matt look (unpainted) is there a wa(y u can buy this and put this on? Is it separate to the rest of the bumper I think the black looks good.

  6. #26

    Default Re: MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    You can simply get it painted or vinyl wrapped


    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMPS View Post
    You can simply get it painted or vinyl wrapped


    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    So this detaches itself and not actually attached to the bumper?
    I want to get a new one or 2nd hand part and simply replace so i can keep the original bumper.

  8. #28

    Default MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    Vinyl wrapping will allow you to peel itself off when you want to get rid of it
    The part of the valance in which you wish to colour is not separate from the bumper


    Peter "SLIXX"

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surrey Hills, Victoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,866

    Default Re: MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    My car




    For the record, I did mine well before the cool kids at Mazda did theirs



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Vinyl wrapping will allow you to peel itself off when you want to get rid of it
    The part of the valance in which you wish to colour is not separate from the bumper


    Peter "SLIXX"
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    My car




    For the record, I did mine well before the cool kids at Mazda did theirs



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Mate. Your car looks mint as. What did you lower your car with? Springs or coils?
    Also, Whats involved in this vinyl wrapping? Is there a DIY.
    Sorry, just never heard of it..
    Last edited by YLDCRD; 13-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surrey Hills, Victoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,866

    Default

    Lowered on H&R Springs (as per my sig )

    Vinyl wrapping is something akin to tinting windows. It's not incredibly difficult to do, but it's easy to screw up if you haven't done it before, and it's generally cheap enough just to pay someone else to do it to avoid the hassle

    I got mine done by CarX in Clayton. Took two guys about an hour and a half or so. Cost from memory was $200

    Wherever you go, just make sure they use good automotive grade vinyl (eg 3M or equivalent). Cheap stuff will either peel or might not have any decent level of UV protection (so it will fade)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

    Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Moorooka, Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Did my rear end in vinyl grey in early 2010, I think I may have inspired a few... :P



    Then went black a month back..


  13. #33

    Default

    Welcome mate! Aluminium is definitely a nice colour on these cars!

    I have a set of OEM roof racks that I might be willing to part with if you're desperate.

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Mate. Your car looks mint as. What did you lower your car with? Springs or coils?
    Also, Whats involved in this vinyl wrapping? Is there a DIY.
    Sorry, just never heard of it..
    Dan how the hell did you get up that curb. My bumper would still be there left behind if I tried to get up that curb. lol !!

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Moorooka, Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,059

    Default Re: MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Dan how the hell did you get up that curb. My bumper would still be there left behind if I tried to get up that curb. lol !!
    He either has ramps in the back of the car or perhaps air bag suspension

    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Redbull is DEAD!!

    Long live the Redbull ... V2



  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Did my rear end in vinyl grey in early 2010, I think I may have inspired a few... :P



    Then went black a month back..

    Mate I don't know which looks better. Both look equally as good. Do u have more pics of your car with both colors?

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surrey Hills, Victoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,866

    Default Re: MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Dan how the hell did you get up that curb. My bumper would still be there left behind if I tried to get up that curb. lol !!
    Very slowly

    Mine's not as low as yours either.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

    Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    I have a few questions if you guys cna help me out?

    The next few things i want to get are cosmetic and im after the following;
    - Roof racks (Not sure which brand to get). My friend recommended Thule
    - Snowboard Roof rack Carriers (Keep it consistent with Thule)
    - Cargo Tray. (Genuine or Ebay)? diff in price is about 100 bucks
    - Headlights protectors - What is the price on these? Does it make the car look ugly, Does anyboy have pics of them on an MPS? The reason i want them is, I would imagaine if by bad luck the headlights cracked due to a rock etc... it would be very expensive to repair.

    Also, I need to go for a 70,000km service next year. Ive been quoted by ringwood Mazda (where the car has previously been serviced) $267.00.
    Does that sound about right?
    Im planning to get it done in mulgrave as its right next door. Are they reputable? I want to make sure my car is taken care of when i visit these dealers.
    I have Thule racks they are pretty good on my Gen 2

    Sent from my SGS3 4G

  19. #39

    Default MPS 3 2nd GEN !!

    Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    I have a few questions if you guys cna help me out?

    The next few things i want to get are cosmetic and im after the following;
    - Roof racks (Not sure which brand to get). My friend recommended Thule
    - Snowboard Roof rack Carriers (Keep it consistent with Thule)
    - Cargo Tray. (Genuine or Ebay)? diff in price is about 100 bucks
    - Headlights protectors - What is the price on these? Does it make the car look ugly, Does anyboy have pics of them on an MPS? The reason i want them is, I would imagaine if by bad luck the headlights cracked due to a rock etc... it would be very expensive to repair.

    Also, I need to go for a 70,000km service next year. Ive been quoted by ringwood Mazda (where the car has previously been serviced) $267.00.
    Does that sound about right?
    Im planning to get it done in mulgrave as its right next door. Are they reputable? I want to make sure my car is taken care of when i visit these dealers.
    I go to GWS Mazda Mulgrave
    Speak to Justan and tell him Pete "Slixx" sent ya. He will look after you.

    I am pick specific and picky about my car and they look after me everytime I'm on. Can't knock em really

    My 70,000km service was $280.00 but I get a 10% discount because of the extended warranty I purchased

    Justan is a good guy and always looks after me and all my stupid questions


    Peter "SLIXX"

    Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Hey Andre, welcome to the MPS family! Good to see another snowboarding MPS owner. That, I believe, makes 3 of us now.
    Good choice with the aliminium. If @Caffeine Fiend and @LOOPYMPS 's cars are anything to go by, they can look absolutely brilliant!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •