User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob here!

Smile Noob here!

Hi guys and gals, glad to be joining your forum. I am a current Moderator on the Evolution OZ forum and I currently own a Evo 9. I have loved the new Gen 2 MPS from day dot that it got launched and have recently decided that it will be more "family orientated" car to own than the 9. I have started to look around and will be buying a MY12 model.

Don't get me wrong, the Evo is a fantastic car to own but it is very rough around the edges, it is basically a race car. I did all of my own tuning on it and converted it to run on E85.

Well feel free to hit me with questions if you like, I will start to lurk around in the meantime!
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Default Re: Noob here!

Do like the 8/9 shape

Impressive you did all your own tuning, just started getting our own tuning solutions for DIY stuff... so you might be keen to do that again, but our engines are a bit of a different beast (direct injection)

Colour preference?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the welcome. I like the Velocity Red. I am currently doing some reading on the Versa Tuner software so I will most likely have a bit of a look at what can be improved. I will however have to do a bit of reading in order to understand the dynamics of the DI engine before I will be touching anything with regards to the engine tuning, I might have a play with some of the other features

I had my 9 up to 250kw atw on E85 with the stock motor, stock turbo and a few very basic bolt-ons so I learned a lot in doing that.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Default Noob here!

Hey Andre, welcome!! I'm in Brisbane also. We have a couple of events loosely planned events this yeah, have a look at my sig.

Make you order the latest model refresh. Comes with a few nice black highlights, wheels, wing mirrors etc, plus I hear now there is a USB input beside the Aux port in the centre console.

Next time your forum has drive day, I'm sure a lot of local members would be up for it.

Thanks for coming on board, good luck with the purchase.

Brad.

Default Noob here!

Where can u get e85? I didn't even know it was available here yet.

HAHAHA! yea u can get e85 if u got connections bud :P heaps of my friends run e85 with big power!

Welcome to the forum Grumpy, do love the evo 9s to be quite honest. Have seen some great example of one and i wouldn't mind probably owning a evo myself down the track! Actually we should trade! :P haha

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Default Re: Noob here!

I got some in the mps atm... caltex sells it as "e-flex"

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks for the welcome guys. There are quite a few EFlex pumps around Brisbane and even one in the Goldie . Just check on Caltex's web site, they have all their locations on there, must be said that EFlex varies from 85% to as low as 70% Ethanol and United E85 is full on 85% Ethanol, but there is only one United E85 pump in Qld, Warwick!

I will know tomorrow if a lovely Velocity red MY12 MPS will be parked in my garage before weeks end, a fair bit excited, I must say.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Default Noob here!

I'm trying that shit out, my car can handle it right?

You will most likely need bigger injectors and definately a tune mate, you squirt about 30% more fuel in when using Ethanol. Not sure if you would need an upgraded fuel pump as I have not yet looked at the capacity of the stock unit. I also do not know if the fuel system is compatible with Ethanol blend fuels.

I am sure that this will be researched in the very near future!

I'm trying that shit out, my car can handle it right?
    not without a tune.... access port and versatuner have ability to tune for E85 blends @Grumpy we dont have bigger injectors yet, hopefully with the new focus ST using the same engine tech to us, it'll convince aftermarket injector suppliers to make some
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Default Noob here!

Ok cool, time to save for an ap.

Welcome aboard Grumpy, I like the sound of your sig ,does it match the person???????? .
    yahoo another red dragon slayer!!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome

Welcome mate! Hope you find the MPS you're looking for! Glad to have you here and feel tree to throw up some pics of the Evo )

Thanks for all the welcome messages guys, great to see that the forum is alive!! Unfortunately I can be a bit grumpy at times but only if I get stirred the wrong way!

I have just received some great news, I will be picking up my MY12 Velocity red MPS up on Thursday afternoon, wooooohooooo!! It was the sales manager's car at Oldmac, 2500km's on the dial, lovely Avanti Alloy rims, a true beaut!!!!

BTW a pic or two of the Evo.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	127.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	12610

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	476.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	12608
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	127-Copy.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	12609  
    Last edited by Grumpy; 08-10-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

What, no pics?

They are up now mate

What are your injector duty cycles like with the Eflex?
    Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I got some in the mps atm... caltex sells it as "e-flex"

Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Would be nice if other brands had nice paint like Mazda. The Evo for example in VR...would look awesome!

Great looking car bud. Sad to see it replaced?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast