User Tag List

Thread: Making a play for a new toy - Luken

Default Making a play for a new toy - Luken

Hola Kids!

First, thanks for all the info within your forums, huge help - has lead me to very seriously considering trying to relieve a gentleman in Queensland of this (when I was actually looking at an EVOIII MR FQ340) ;
    2007 MAZDA 6 MPS GG Series 2 Sedan Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au

Would certainly appreciate any further thoughts/advice if you had any. (Seller was great to talk to, think he appreciated I didn't start the conversation with "I'll give you $18K for it.")

Brief run-down on me -

I am a hardass debt collector, I currently drive an Audi quattro w/light mods (and i'll cry when it's gone, I just want more power.... is that so bad?), I am into meditation/girls/gaming/hilarious stuff and generally like being positive toward everyone and about everything. But mostly I love coffee over anything and everything that exists. Ever. I roast my own. I cry if there is no roasted beans in the house. I'd rather eat paint than drink instant. Coffee-elitist? Absolutely. I judge EVERYONE

Luken

oh, for interest I guess.... This is Grace. Currently THE lady in my life (paint is darker, just really sunny day);

Default Making a play for a new toy - Luken

Welcome mate I hope you get what our want

Love the current car too. Black FTW!!!!

If you love coffee, this an awesome forum too!!
    http://www.coffeesnobs.com.au

Hope to see more online.

Peter "SLIXX"

Already been a member of coffeesnobs for many years my friend, that team are just amazing. Easily the best coffee crew to deal with when getting green beans.

Thanks also, LURVE the Audi, still get compliments after 6 years of ownership, still love driving it.

Welcome Luken, sounds like a pretty good fit coming from the A4. lovely car, drove the a 130TDI avant for 6 months when I worked overseas back in the early '00's.

And a coffee nut as well? I'm a addicted big time, been to the Coffee snobs website for some advice on semi auto machines. May need to pick your brains on some machine types!!

Welcome to the forum mate, wonder if the guy selling is on here too?

p.s. What is this beautiful machine?

Welcome

Default Re: Making a play for a new toy - Luken

Hi and Welcome.

Good to see another coffee head too

I run a Rocket Giotto and Mazzer Kony E at home. Love them like they were my children

I used to be a regular on CS but haven't been on for sometime now. Only so many hours in a day

Re the MPS6 in the ad, it's not one that I recognise within the club. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's just I can't offer any input on what sort of history it's had

Dan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 26-08-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Default Re: Making a play for a new toy - Luken

If you want to heavily mod go the evo. If you want some more power and mild mods stick to the mps. The two are not a direct comparison.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    p.s. What is this beautiful machine?

haha cheeky checkin out pics! BMW 3.0 CSL, that I very nearly had as a project car a few years ago (not the one in that pic though, the pic was what made me want one)

Thanks guys,

and any time - love coffee like mad. I have a Miele wall-unit. Auto (except for milk, too much cleaning for auto-milk) and Behmor roaster, pretty much coffee heaven at our house.

On note of the car - I did try to (of course) check the gent out to see how legit his claims were but after talking to him, I know he'd give me any/all info I wanted if I asked (which I still might)

Jmac - exactly why I started looking at the MPS seriously. Buying a car interstate and getting it registered in SA is a pain. Hence, as close to stock is preferable. But the EVO just isn't as nice on the inside. I jumped in one and going from the Audi to that.... made me sad despite the crazy fun. Then the more I thought about it, I'm likely not to do any more modding to it so the MPS in the ad already has the bits I want without being so drastic as to getting registration declined. (but those wheels, I'm not sold on. ..... maybe sprayed matte-black? but then the design is a bit, not my style either... not sure yet.)

Anyway, bit more power than the Audi with similar/better interior will make me happy. And being just a little bit different is something I like. Not everyone has one of these.

Again, have to say thank you for all contributors to your forum for the wealth of INTELLIGENT info. Some forums that remain unnamed (but are related to the EVO's I was looking at) are just filled with some of the most ridiculous stuff I've ever come across. All the concerns I had were easily searched/found so feeling pretty good about trying to secure one of these creatures to have in my garage

Alright, so small update. Car was paid for today, fingers crossed will have it brought to me in a week-week and a half...

Now she just needs a name.... and I have to sell Grace...

I'm going to cry when the Audi goes. Lots.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

Also, I'm glad you're a hardarse debt collector based in SA when I tell you that I just can't drink coffee. Does that expensive-sounding machine make hot chocolate..?

hhaha thanks and just because I'm based in SA doesn't mean I don't reach out elsewhere. Story cut short - I won two weeks of wages from a colleague as she believed someone we were looking for didn't exist (ie, fraud account), I found the person in a tiny prison in a remote village in the middle of Africa, person had been assumed missing for years. Turns out no one cared about them enough to search properly. The debt didn't get paid, but I won a fortnight's pay and the bragging rights hahaha

I don't hate non-coffee drinkers, I freaking love teas too. And yes, coffee machine can turn the milk into a velvety-sweet white river of liquid perfectly suited to hot chocs

And so, it arrived.

Car got through Regency thanks to the '5-0' gentleman overlooking everything. Except the tinting.

Spent and hour carefully removing the rear windows/quaterpanels/rear windscreen tint in the carpark so I didn't have to come back again and promptly got the ****er registered.

Cute girl at Regency Service SA made the very hilarious and dirty note that the 'Double D' premium plates were available and she'd love to give me a pair.... I left with 'DD' plates and sealed lips.

Car is far better than I expected. I've driven a stock MPS, was happy with it hence the purchase. This has ECU/Air intake/Falkens which (except for the suspension), is the recipe that I felt made my Audi outstanding without being hard to maintain/handle.

Pics in a different thread once I get the tinting redone so she looks presentable.

Decided to call her 'Scarlet' (the colour, not the good looking girl we've all had impure thoughts about).

And now,,, to start to advertise Grace.. (after I make the effort to wash her...... maybe..... I still try to justify keeping the Audi too.... it's REALLY easy to, I've found. Not in any senisble/financial/logical way, but it's REALLY easy to justify keeping a car you should be selling.)

Sounds great mate! Congrats on the purchase

I think you should come out to the Breakfast Cruise on the 28th and show her off! http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/cruis...h-october.html

Great choice.
    Welcome to the forum, great to see another SA'er with an MPS6 on here!

Ok so officially got contract signed for new place so SA breakfast cruise is a 'no dice' situation.

Keen to do it later on though when time allows.

Going to take this small opportunity to say how much I hate trying to remove excess tint-glue from windows.

Currently extremely happy I made this purchase. Very pleasantly surprised with just how good this car copes with everything where my heart continues to cry 'but it's not the Audi'. I'm a very satisfied customer.