User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hey All!

I've had my 3 2010 MPS for about 3 months now and absolutely loving it! I use to drive a 09 maxx sport but am so glad i upgraded i use to work for mazda but recently just quit, so as you can see i had no choice but to go ahead and buy this machine as it was looking at me every day in our lot just shouting out BUY ME! haha it was second hand came across from a lady owner in Queensland me being a typical girl was so wrapped up in my purchase i didn't even have a good enough look on the inside i was only really worried about how fast it would go after a week or so i noticed deep scratches on the outside of the glove box and mainly all around the passenger side then i also noticed there was dog hair everywhere..i got the vacuum cleaner out and was there for ages i managed to get a bit of it out but i really cant get into any deep spaces which is really annoying..the dog hair is still there! so if anyone knows a detailer or anyone who could help me out i would greatly appreciate it! also on another note i was being nosy and taking a look at the engine yesterday and thought id check out the oil ect... i took a look at my oil and found it too be really dark and had a burnt smell? thats obviously not right is it? i had a read on one of the posts on one of the forums cant remember which one but he said it was normal with a turbo mazda? HELP PLEASE?

but on a lighter note, its nice to meet you all

Hello fellow West Aussie

Which dealer/service yard/etc did you work for mate?
    I am waiting for my mazda... 3 months.

Might be worth dumping all the oils and filter. Getting the muck and dirty oil out and new fresh good quality oils in could stop any further damage or any damage occuring at all.

My WRX sometimes had a wierd smelling oil after 5,000KM. So maybe it is just a brand that smells once it has been used over a certian time frame and KM distance.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 21-08-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Default Hello!

Welcome!!!

Hi and Welcome

A rubber pet hair brush is the best way to remove dog hair from upholstery and carpet.

Can be bought for less than $10 off ebay

Hello and welcome to the club!

First of all Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you're having a blast! Heck, I still am being a 3+ year owner!

I'm not a detailer, rather just a guy who regularly spends hours on my car/bike. If you want a hand with something I might have a few ideas/products to use.

As for the oil, when was the last service or how many kms has the vehicle done on that change of oil (if known)

Dirty or used engine oil usually has a bit of a burnt smell (from my POV) but if you're concerned you can always drop the oil and run something else in there if you wish.

I just dropped the oil in mine a couple of weeks ago actually, running Penrite now

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome, good to see more 3MPS Perth owners

There are lots of helpful members with good advice (as above!) here , enjoy the forums.

Thanks guys

i use to work for Melville Mazda.. what dealership did you purchase it from and what kind of car is it?

well i might go ahead and change the oil so thanks for that, well its last service would have had to have been when the car got traded in(roughly 3 months ago). I've just hit 27,000 its next service is at 34,000 or november but i don't think i should wait that long for a oil change? So which oils would anyone suggest? I see your using penrite? im a massive newbee at this stuff so any help would be great haha and thanks for the tip on the dog hair im jumping onto ebay now! also any tips for those deep scratches?

I used to work for Prestige Honda motorcycles around the corner (for a little)

If I was you, never assume things were done by the dealer...there has been countless times where things have been ticked off but when I look it's not done at all. Unless its obvious seeing clear/brown oil then I assume it has not been done despite what salesman might say. Just a personal thing from my experience. My car hasn't seen a dealer mechanic since 10,000kms (no over 80K) I'd just have a good look at the colour and feel of the oil (rub it between your fingers) or just change it for peace of mind. You can still change it as per schedule again when the times comes if you wish (and filter)

For oil I would recommend a fully synthetic good quality oil. You can see what I run (at the moment) but I've done the majority of my kms on Castrol Magnatec fully synthetic (from my preferred mechanic) Different people recommend different oil but I think most go with fully synthetic.

As for the deep scratches, I'm not sure what can be done if they've penetrated quite deep into the plastic. Have any pics of them?

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Oh...and here you go

Oil type/changes

Default Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvv View Post
    also any tips for those deep scratches?
    Hmm not really unfortunately. Scratches in textured plastics are there to stay AFAIK.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yeah im with you there when i checked the system it said it had just had a safety check but not a service :| but then he swore to me he did it..but who knows but i think i should change for my peace of mind too...off to super cheap i go so sw30 type oil? what does that even mean? haha and i obviously need a new filter? wow im so sorry if im asking really stupid questions haha im just trying to learn! i shall take a photo of the scratches and upload them sometime today
    thanks again

i just read that oli change forum and got even more confused haha

That's ok. The W stands for Winter and the numerical value before it is based on cold cranking. It means the oil has been tested at a colder temperature. The figure to be concerned with is the secondary number as this is the operating temp once running. These have been tested at 100 degrees which is considered an approximation of engine operating temperature. The video below might help you understand also. For you I would suggest maybe a 5W40 (or better yet I think it's stated in the mazda handbook which oil is recommended)

M P S

makes much more sense now thanks heaps!
    so i should buy SW40 fully synthetic oil and as for my replacement filter ill find that in my handbook too?

welcome to ozmps

No worries. Yes that oil should be fine. Up to you if you want to change the filter now or wait until the next service. You don't "have" to change the filter if you're just dropping the oil and replacing it early. I change the filter every 10,000kms.

You won't find the filter in the handbook. You'll have to look in a ryco catalogue (or similar) and find the suitable one for the MPS. Should be a R2604P off memory

Ryco R2604P

M P S

i see i see
    thanks for all your help rogwick! really appreciate it!!!!!

Any time! Might catch you on a cruise one day. Post up some pics of your car when you get a chance!
    Last edited by rogwick; 21-08-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvv View Post
    Thanks guys

i use to work for Melville Mazda.. what dealership did you purchase it from and what kind of car is it?

well i might go ahead and change the oil so thanks for that, well its last service would have had to have been when the car got traded in(roughly 3 months ago). I've just hit 27,000 its next service is at 34,000 or november but i don't think i should wait that long for a oil change? So which oils would anyone suggest? I see your using penrite? im a massive newbee at this stuff so any help would be great haha and thanks for the tip on the dog hair im jumping onto ebay now! also any tips for those deep scratches?
    Are you serious!!!

I got/ordered my car from them yesterday.
    I got a 2012 (2013 facelift spec) MPS 3.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 21-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.

would love too! sounds like a plan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast