User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

A lot of love in this room

Hi and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Are you serious!!!

I got/ordered my car from them yesterday.
    I got a 2012 (2013 facelift spec) MPS 3.

haha really? who was your salesman? how long till you get it? a girl ordered a white MPS and it took about 2/3 to come hopefully yours comes sooner! i didnt even know they had 2013 ones there yet.. very exciting but

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    As for the deep scratches, I'm not sure what can be done if they've penetrated quite deep into the plastic. Have any pics of them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	12073that is the worst one

Name:	IMG_2496.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	305.2 KB 
ID:	12074this one isn't as bad.. they just look terrible and id love to get rid of them....some how

Default Re: Hello!

Sorry, not much hope on textured plastic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Hello!

Heat gun maybe, prob take the texture away though.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Heat gun maybe, prob take the texture away though.
    Yep. Would probably do more harm than good unless you want to intricately hand rebuild the texture at the same time.

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Maybe try a hair dryer over it, I heard it helps level out fine scratches lol good luck with that

9. Default

Welcome!! another 3 MPS Whoop Whoop!!

Oh and as others have said, just drop the oil and put some good stuff in and new oil filter. At least you will now have a benchmark as to when you changed the oil. Dont stress too much about the colour/smell and history as you now own it and will only do your head in worrying about it, just get onto changing it out and then get into regular oil changes from now on.

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by EX-XR6T; 21-08-2012 at 09:02 PM.

will do!

got the oil today went with castrol did not end up buying a new filter though thought that since its getting serviced in the next months mazda could deal with it? shame about these stupid scratches ggrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvv View Post
    haha really? who was your salesman? how long till you get it? a girl ordered a white MPS and it took about 2/3 to come hopefully yours comes sooner! i didnt even know they had 2013 ones there yet.. very exciting but
    Arron, nice guy

ahh, 3 months till its here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvv View Post
    will do!

got the oil today went with castrol did not end up buying a new filter though thought that since its getting serviced in the next months mazda could deal with it? shame about these stupid scratches ggrrr
    What I would do is perhaps finely mask off scratched area. Then maybe try a fine grade sand paper to scratched area. Obviously try sand paper on a small unseen area as a test. If it bothers you that much could perhaps sand the whole area but you run the risk of MANY scratches from the sand paper. and also loosing the amount of texture on that surface. Basically it'll look crap compared to other parts of the dash.

Another thing is a light polish to scratched area. Some polishes are a fine sand paper in itself so may work a treat on soft plastic or at least soften the appearance of the scratch.

Uh...final option is to find a replacement glove box but I don't think it warrants the amount of cash that'll cost.

Good stuff about the oil! I think you need 5.7L off memory which means you "may" need a top up from a standard 5L bottle

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I really wouldn't sand a textured plastic, but that's just my opinion

Default Hello!

Are the pieces easy to replace? Looks like a glove box? And a kick panel at the foot well? Maybe a wreckers will have some tidy versions. Isn't someone wrecking a 6 on the forum?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13697

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I really wouldn't sand a textured plastic, but that's just my opinion

Neither would I, but if its to take the burr off a scratch and done carefully its ok. Generally plastic is too soft and sanding with get rid of the textured affect. Just trying to think right on the edge of the box but not quite outside!!

Me, I'd probably use the leather care stuff I got. I know its for leather but I wiped the plastic once and it came up good. Hides small scatches

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Name:	IMG_2500.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	12098
    well heres my lovely CLEAN oil that i just replaced i couldn't believe how dark it was!!!
    also another question i know the mps are ment to blow out smoke but when i absolutely floor it it comes out black..is that normal? black smoke is always a bad sign isnt it?

My oil is typically worse than that every time I change it! The MPS runs fairly rich which results in black exhaust soot out the back.

You should see mine if I haven't floored it in a while, massive puff on WOT! Don't stress.

White or blue smoke is not good news. Black smoke can be bad but not in the MPS case with current tune etc.

well thats a relief i thought that was normal for a mps good to know about the oil too
    i can continue to floor it and not stress haha

also going to try that tip you suggested with the leather stuff on the scratches..shall see how i go

It's good to open up any vehicle (especially turbocharged) ones and clear them out. The MPS can be a dirty girl though at the best of times!

Smoked a few people over the years! Puff and she's gone!

Can't hurt. It won't make it worse I rub it on my plastics from time to time. Planning on doing anything else to the MPS?

would love to make it a little bit nosier and faster nothing excessive but.... would not know were to start though hhmmm
    planning to get my rims powder coated black but im still not 100% sure it sort off makes the car look a little tacky... what do you think?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast