User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey

1. Default Hey

Hey im looking at a MAZDA 6 MPS. I was wondering if this car can ber modded, like bigger turbo. cams. ecu. also i was wondering about a rev limiter ive been told of. Could someone help me with these plase

Hi and welcome.

Search is your friend. Lots of info here about modding. Rayd and Toddy in particular have put up a lot of info in this regard.

Bottom line, there are lots of options

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hi and welcome.

Search is your friend. Lots of info here about modding. Rayd and Toddy in particular have put up a lot of info in this regard.

Bottom line, there are lots of options
    +1, plenty options. Luke3mps also has done a fair bit of work to his 3 MPS, same same but different

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by joshm View Post
    Hey im looking at a MAZDA 6 MPS. I was wondering if this car can ber modded, like bigger turbo. cams. ecu. also i was wondering about a rev limiter ive been told of. Could someone help me with these plase
    erm...
    no offense, but if you're asking what a rev limiter is, you should not be looking anywhere near a big turbo or cams
    but in short, if you're looking for an AWD car to make stupid amounts of power, look at a evo or wrx, the MPS's just arent in the same league
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

5. Default

what do you mean by that sarcasticone? was that sarcastic? I thought the mps version was a quciker car than the wrx standard

what do you mean by that sarcasticone? was that sarcastic? I thought the mps version was a quciker car than the wrx standard
    Hi mate and welcome.

The MPS engine is different to evo's and wrx's, the Direct injection can be a bit tricky. Mazda made the car very torquey and powerful but cams wont help you unless your after 7500-8000rpm..This is what Sarcasticone ment . .. BUT if you do want to go high rpm its not easy and very expensive I can help you guide you the best i can (but its not worth it iv been there).
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

7. Default

oh i see. So Mod up my second choice? Subaru Liberty 2004 GT. damn i really wanted to mod a mazda mps6

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    erm...
    no offense, but if you're asking what a rev limiter is, you should not be looking anywhere near a big turbo or cams
    but in short, if you're looking for an AWD car to make stupid amounts of power, look at a evo or wrx, the MPS's just arent in the same league
    Sam.. we are not MSF :P
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

luke answered it pretty well
    oh i see. So Mod up my second choice? Subaru Liberty 2004 GT. damn i really wanted to mod a mazda mps6
    also, it's the fact that parts/R&D for the MPS arent as cheap as other options... nor are they the easiest cars to mod with a bigger turbo etc... not trying to turn you off it, but it's just how it is
    you can drop $10k on one of these cars pretty easily, and it'll struggle to make 300awkw... drop the same amount on an evo/wrx and you're looking at some pretty serious numbers
    as you are looking for a car with the intentions to mod it with a bigger turbo etc, i honestly think you're looking at the wrong platform, there isnt really the support in australia for big turbo'ed MPS's just yet, and it's unknown territory for many of us as well.
    you should want the car because it suits your needs, then decide to mod it...
    Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Sam.. we are not MSF :P
    fine, i'll be nicer
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'm with SarcasticOne on this one.

You should take all these cars for a drive first. See which one suits you the best. Then join numerous forums, and don't post shit like this. Read through threads, see what people are doing, look at build threads etc.

IMO if you're going to drive a performance car, you need to be a performance driver. For that, you need to have an understanding of what performance is, and more importantly, common sense.

Joshm, I'm not saying you aren't or don't have common sense - I don't know you and for all I know you could be Aeyrton Senna's unknown lost son, but you should research everything and have a solid understanding of the systems you want to modify. You'll probably find that the standard output on these cars (Liberty GT, MPS, etc) will be more than sufficient for you to start with. And at that point, if the power doesn't seem like enough, it probably is. You probably need to focus on handling mods and tyres.

There's a big difference between driving a fast car, and driving a car fast.

I hope your search goes well and you land yourself the car you want. I was in the same boat as you for choices, and I found the MPS a better car personally.

hate seeing such negativity and doubt in the MPS !

i think you can quite easily compare the MPS to a WRX or EVO, all these cars require some serious work to get serious numbers, the MPS just doesnt have enough of a platform to find people with deep enough pockets yet! just last week someone in the US cracked 640fwhp, and is soon to be looking at 700+ sure it took some work, but its clearly possible!

i know a few people with EVO's and WRX's and have spent some $$ on theirs aswell, and they are all astounded at the power, smoothness, and feel that the MPS makes (well mine anyway) even to the point to say that its "way" quicker than theirs.

Comparing mps, Evo and wrx is like comparing apples and oranges.

Look at the prices tags. You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3da View Post
    Look at the prices tags. You get what you pay for.
    dumbest thing ive read on a car forum. a vehicles price does not indicate how fast or how much you will enjoy it especially when your talking about the price bracket these cars are in.
    e.g theres no way in hell im going to say i'd prefer a $69000 BMW 325i over a MPS... or even a ford/ holden! but judging by the amount there are on the road, there are those who do!

in summary- redundant comment.

Lol lol Lol.

What he is trying to say is evos wrxs and mps6s are different types of cars. The 6 is more of a refined cruiser with a good mixture of power, grip and handling.

lots can be achieved and the 6 is an awesome car however, if you want BIG cheap power it's not the right choice.

If you are looking for a wolf in sheep's clothing that will give just about anything on the road a run for it's money in leather with a sun roof that is comfortable cruising or on the track.. it's a wise choice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

The 6 MPS' interior kicks the arse of Evo and WRX

Such a nice place to be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    The 6 MPS' interior kicks the arse of Evo and WRX

Such a nice place to be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    What he said!

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

There are so many different cars on this forum, that are owned by members who started with MPS's. WRX, VW,EVO,BMW,HSV So you are going to get a mixed review/unbaised opinions, most of us wish to have other cars but the MPS is good value it cant be over look so easy.

18. Default

why did these people ruin MPS's for me =/ anyone help ?? i need a bloody good explanation that an MPS can be heavily moddded. or should i wrok towards this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nyomi_013.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	10451  

why did these people ruin MPS's for me =/ anyone help ?? i need a bloody good explanation that an MPS can be heavily moddded. or should i wrok towards this?
    No one said they couldnt be... what are you trying to achieve?
    Why did you chose the MPS6?
    Have you read some threads on mods?
    What are you expecting?

What has been said is;
    The MPS6 is a great platform, you can have an amazing car that you enjoy driving every day HOWEVER.
    If you are looking for the ultimate track or drag car, the MPS 6 is not for you.
    You could consider the 3 MPS..
    The 6 is a luxury cruiser, it is refined and raw power in one. Even stock it is a formidable match for just about anything on the road.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

FYI we had a Sti Liberty on our last cruise, appeared to have difficulties keeping up. Unless he was taking it easy, who knows? I didn't hang around to find out, never saw him in my mirrors. You'll also struggle to find many 4cylinders (stock) that are just shy of 400Nm

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast