User Tag List

Thread: V8 Supercars Round 13 - Tasmania

Nevermind Guest

Default V8 Supercars Round 13 - Tasmania

Well I thought I'd start this thread for all the Supercar followers out there who want to discuss the race this weekend.

Its the second last round with Jamie Whincup leading he championship over Winterbottom and Tander.

Can Whincup increase his lead and put the championship trophy in his living room early?

Will Tander claw back to within striking distance and make the last round a nail biter?

Will it rain and throw a curve ball to all in contention?

All results can be found here.

Winterbottom and Lowndes the early standouts in practice, with Qualifying and Race 1 tomorrow.

Nevermind Guest

Well race 1 has been run and won by Todd Kelly.

In a wet race where strategy was the key with tyre selection, Kelly seemed to have the pace in the wet to hold off championship contenders Jamie Whincup and Mark Winterbottom, while Garth Tander slumped to 20th spot opting to stay on slick tyres and almost ruling him out of the championship race.

GO WHINCUP!!!! awesome finish by team vodafone today my boys finished in position 1 and 2 couldnt ask for a better result

Nevermind Guest

Yeah it looks like he's got the championship just about wrapped up.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Skaife, I doubt he'll do much in the last round, and will just disappear quietly. I guess he really should have retired about 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*JaY*~ View Post
    GO WHINCUP!!!! awesome finish by team vodafone today my boys finished in position 1 and 2 couldnt ask for a better result

And the championship is back with Ford

HellionXR6T Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~*JaY*~ View Post
    Oath little one

Go Whincup!!! Looks like 2008's in the bag! ALRIGHT!!!

Nevermind Guest

Yes, its great. Its even better seeing Rick Kelly, Skaife, Murphy mid field....

haha, Im also a blue oval supporter (Almost bought a XR5 instead of the MPS)