User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why cant I post a new thread in the For Sale section??

Hows about in a case where i've previously donated, but since lost my VIP status.

Meaning i need to make ongoing donations to post stuff for sale also...

Kinda like a tax.....and we all hate taxes!

Not that i really care all that much, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    Hows about in a case where i've previously donated, but since lost my VIP status.

Meaning i need to make ongoing donations to post stuff for sale also...

Kinda like a tax.....and we all hate taxes!

Not that i really care all that much, just saying
    Yes but it's also offering a service, where you can advertize in a place that people who are likely to buy your stuff hang. Is it not free to post for sale ads in the news paper? eBay?

And $10/year is nothing really. that's less than $1/month.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I understand where your coming from. But there are sites like gumtree also which are free.

Not that i have anything for sale anyway lol.

It was alot better when it was free.

But i guess some people always ruin things for others.

Better safe then sorry i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    Better safe then sorry i guess.
    Exactly this ^^

People get ripped on Gumtree. As I said, we were going to change it but things have been peaceful.
    Have had some good options put forward but none can be automated.. Would need someone to spend several hours a week on administration just for the forsale section.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Post edited.

Please create a new thread for your items.

Yeldarb your friendly mod, aka Brad
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 20-10-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Donated to the site today, as I was meaning to for a while.

However, I've been part of numerous car clubs over the course of many years, and have seen many many for sale forums run.

Not once have I EVER seen anyone charge their members for use to the for sale board.

There's a certain level of situational awareness that is required to do business on the internet. Scams happen, but as it was noted before, it's a low rate of occurrence.

Now, I do respect the mods in this decision, however I'll put it out there that this is rather a poor way to tackle the issue.
    MPS6

We're not Gumtree, this forum needs money to operate. Having some random, come on board, just to sell a part, have no interest in remaining a member or participating in the community, I see no problem. $10 is cheap.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Oh no, that's not my point. Ten bucks is cheap. Which is why I was planning to donate regardless - I use the forum a lot.

BUT, I've never seen another site that I've used do this. And most of them have far more users and are 10x more active during the day, and never have this issue. I feel that more diligent management is the key to these sorts of issues, trying to set up a paywall isn't fair game. You should be having people donate to help the community, not donate to be part of the super secret club where mps parts are only for sale for those who pay. Encourage people to be part of the community instead of drumming up posts in order to access the FS section.

But meh. Again, respect to those who make the decisions. I just think it's not a good move at all, regardless of how 'successful' it may appear to be. My job is in analytics, and imo paywalls don't work.
    MPS6

Um. You can buy here without VIP. You can post in the section but not sell or create a new thread.

No amount of diligence by a moderator will stop a shonky sale and this isn't my full time job.

There was a string of issues before the changes, it wasn't to make money. Some idiots wrecked it for everyone else.

I agree it's not ideal but there is one crucial statistic. Zero issues since implementation. Good enough for me :-)

Please go back and read post number 1.

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

This sort of thing is my full time job, so thought I'd comment. *Shrug* I'm not attacking the mods about it, please don't patronise.

If there's zero issues that people are reporting, that's good for you. Just keep an eye on traffic however, and make sure you're not losing page views because of it.

Comments and ideas are welcome but the perception it is to make money are incorrect as per post one.

Tbh, Page views due to the for sale section don't concern me. Most long time members are VIP anyway, its just stopped the blow ins that join to flog their gear for free and never return.

If there is a better way to do it, I'm all ears however this and the recommendations to use PayPal seem to be working.

13. Default

I'm personally not bothered by people coming just to sell their stuff... It's more stuff for members.

I'm trying myself to track down a TMIC but who knows when one will come up again.

To make sure I don't get ripped off I get a name and phone number and I text the number to make sure I have the person in case I'm ripped off, combine that with paypal and you have a guarantee from PayPal that your money can't get taken and the police to go to with a name/number if something does happen.

Make this the standard and open it uo, I'd love to have more things to buy. Whether they stay or not isn't really relevant to me.

But you're also going to exclude people who may want to buy things that can't post a WTB thread who may later become contributing members

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    I'm personally not bothered by people coming just to sell their stuff... It's more stuff for members.

I'm trying myself to track down a TMIC but who knows when one will come up again.

To make sure I don't get ripped off I get a name and phone number and I text the number to make sure I have the person in case I'm ripped off, combine that with paypal and you have a guarantee from PayPal that your money can't get taken and the police to go to with a name/number if something does happen.

Make this the standard and open it uo, I'd love to have more things to buy. Whether they stay or not isn't really relevant to me.

But you're also going to exclude people who may want to buy things that can't post a WTB thread who may later become contributing members
    Yes I do this too.
    Make sure I get a mob number and make contact through there too. I mean if they really wanted to they could get another number etc, but it gives a little more security anyway...
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Yes I do this too.
    Make sure I get a mob number and make contact through there too. I mean if they really wanted to they could get another number etc, but it gives a little more security anyway...
    Once I get the number I send them a text message and just ask them to respond with their name then I transfer the money.

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

16. Default

So without paying the $10 i cant post a Wanted ad?

Quote Originally Posted by justletgo View Post
    So without paying the $10 i cant post a Wanted ad?
    It's only for selling stuff. Wanted or EOI is free

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Harry LuvzDrift View Post
    It's only for selling stuff. Wanted or EOI is free
    Ahh sweet, i tried to go in and add a new Wanted thread but i cant see the option for it (it might be that i am severely hungover and my eyes arent working properly haha)

Hmm, can anyone tell me how to submit a WTB Thread as i'm not a VIP member?

Hi guys, you can't currently. I'll need to look at how to resolve the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast