User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS: kmh001 is for sale

Default Mazda 6 MPS: kmh001 is for sale

Item: Mazda 6 MPS leather pack - liquid silver
    WA registered until March 2013
    Item Condition: Very good condition, see photo below
    Reason for selling: Completed my build project, there’s nothing left to do to the car so I’m buying an aircraft for something completely different.

NEW PRICE $18,000

This car is well known to WA/NSW/ACT members. I’d like to think it would stay in the ozMPS family so it’s currently only being advertised on this forum. If you know someone who might like to buy this car please let them know it's available.

It’s a one owner, tastefully modified and superbly maintained 6MPS. In addition to the usual 6MPS leather pack features which include sunroof, Bose sound system and electric memory drivers seat, this car has the following improvements:
    RX8 wheels
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres – 3018km old
    German made suspension including Bilstein dampers with H&R springs
    TWM stage 1 short shifter and base bushings
    Turbine Tech rear diff mount
    SURE Dreadnaught rear diff brace with custom modifications for extra strength
    Ultra heavy duty rear axles made in USA with massive 7-ball CV joints rated to 500hp
    VersaTuned by Stratified Automotive of Canada
    BNR stage 3 turbo (installed new in August)
    Denso ITV 22 spark plugs
    CPE Downpipe
    Norm Butler custom stainless steel mid-pipe (stock mufflers are retained: nice growl, no droning)
    Hyperflow SRI
    Hyperflow TMIC
    SURE Turbo Inlet Pipe
    Custom polyurethane rear engine mount
    DBA brake rotors with Hawk HPS pads all round
    Corksport front shock brace
    Ipod interface cable permits ipod control through steering wheel controls

There are numerous other improvements including painted brake callipers (black) with Mazda decals, genuine MPS floor mats, 80mm driving lights, plus more.

The new owner will receive the Tactrix cable, VersaTune license and a copy of the software. This will entitle them to ongoing self- tuning and data logging at no cost. There is also the option of purchasing top-up tuning with Stratified if the new owner chooses to make additional engine hardware changes.

Exceptional maintenance history including regular brake fluid and coolant replacement and synthetic oil to engine, gearbox, etc. Regular MAF cleaning. Regular upper engine cleaning to prevent intake valve contamination. Regular leather treatment. Brand new gearbox, clutch and flywheel were installed at 106,060 km. New ignition coils, EGR valve, and rocker cover gasket installed at same time. Drivers side engine mount replaced ~120,000km. HPFP replaced ~ 90,000km. Diff coupling replaced ~60,000km. The odo currently reads 128,262km.

Also available:
    Dashhawk
    Custom made pre-amp for sub woofer
    Genuine ROLA roof racks

Last edited by kmh001; 17-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Splitting extra parts? Interested in the pre-amp.. Does it just give the sub a bit more oomph?

The pre-amp is a small circuit that you wire in to improve the bass response. I'll let you know if it's left over.

I've already had requests to part-out, which unfortunately I can't accommodate. The engine is tuned to the current hardware configuration and so is the chassis. It's a well sorted-out and cohesive package which needs to remain intact so the new owner can enjoy this car.

I wonder how many more of these Mazda might have sold had they come like this from factory...

Probably not many more because Mazda's advertising still would have sucked

Good luck with the sale Mate

Good luck with the sale Mal, if I had $25K spare I'd buy it as a weekend fun car! Alas I don't however whoever does buy this will get themselves one of the best maintained and most tastefully modified MPS 6's around.

The plane sounds like a lot of fun, look forward to hearing more about it

Hi Mal, rather sad to see it go but understand the ongoing need for projects.
    The plane will take up your time. So will CASA. Been there, done that.
    The car looks like a great buy. Any idea of your boost psi and power/torque outputs? You didn't mention your AWD on/off switch, I see. Maybe that is included on "other" ;o) .
    I'll keep an eye open for likely souls who might be interested. Good luck!
    have always appreciated your tech input here - hope you will drop in from time to time to say Hi.
    Cheers
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Thanks Chris & Doug. The boost is currently at 19psi. This is just entering the efficiency zone of the BNR stage 3 turbo, so there is more power to be had if the new owner want's to go there. For my purposes it makes oodles of power but is still very safe an reliable; which is exactly where I wanted it. Doug I'm looking to buy an RV6 or 7 so I can do aero's.

9. Default

Good luck with the sale! This is one of the finest examples of an MPS6

Q: do you have spot lights behind your front grilles (looking at the photo)?

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    Good luck with the sale! This is one of the finest examples of an MPS6

Q: do you have spot lights behind your front grilles (looking at the photo)?
    Correct, they are 80mm 55w driving lights behind the grille. The control relay is hard wired to the high beam circuit because I figure if you want more light you may as well have it all.

Gone to Volvo

The one most serious shortcoming of the MPS6 is its crappy high beam. I'm looking at a few alternatives, including spots.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Correct, they are 80mm 55w driving lights behind the grille. The control relay is hard wired to the high beam circuit because I figure if you want more light you may as well have it all.
    Very interesting placement. I quite like the look of it. Sure beats the old "aluminium bar attached to the number plate support" look. *thumbs up* Sorry to go further off topic, but do you have a thread on it? I think I might add these to my currect vehicle (not an mps). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    Very interesting placement. I quite like the look of it. Sure beats the old "aluminium bar attached to the number plate support" look. *thumbs up* Sorry to go further off topic, but do you have a thread on it? I think I might add these to my currect vehicle (not an mps). Thanks.
    Can't remember if I did a thread on the driving light installation. The short version is that I used two holes that already exist in the structure to attach the lights, so no holes needed to be drilled. Then I mounted a relay with a power supply wire running off the bus in the fuse box and a control wire which tapped into the high beam circuit of the left head light. No switch needed and no wires leading into the cabin. It's quite neat.

Gone to Volvo

I have only advertised my MPS for sale on this forum and I haven't been disappointed that there have been no serious offers to buy it because I still love being able to drive it whenever I need a horsepower fix. Probably priced it high because i didnt really want to sell it. Still haven't found an aeroplane either, but we have decided on a new car, probably a Volvo.

So I'm finally serious about selling my MPS, and that means a serious new price. My preference is still to sell the MPS through this forum and Ive decided to let it go for around wholesale price of $18000. That's a lot of performance for the money and a very clean car with new turbo and gearbox etc.

I'm also prepared to offer a spotters fee to any Ozmps member who introduces a buyer that leads to a successful sale.

If there are no bites within the next couple of weeks I'll probably just trade it in, but I hate the idea of some muppet buying it from a used car yard and not appreciating everything that has gone into this car.

I'll probably be buying the Volvo in Sydney or Melbourne so if someone over east wants to buy the MPS we might be able to work something out.

PM if interested.
    Thanks.

Gone to Volvo

wow what a steal if you do a car sales add ill do my best to help you sell it

such a shame your selling it man! top car and very tasteful mods. good luck with the sale, it is indeed a steal to whoever buys it!

Default Re: Mazda 6 MPS: kmh001 is for sale

Sorry to hear this has gotten more serious Mal. I hope you at least still come to visit us here occasionally after the car is sold

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

18. Default

Wow Mal, such a bargain, hope someone buys it who truely appreciates it and also the love, care and enthusiasm you have put into the car. Some of my fondest memories from this club have been with your family and your car and Im thankful for that

So.... what Volvo mmm Volvo

Oh and Ditto what Dan said, I hope and Im sure it wont be the last contact we have with you once your MPSless.

Still have to plan a trip over your side fo the country for a visit
    Last edited by blackbetty; 18-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Mal, If you are planning on buying your Volvo from Sydney, PM me, I have some contacts over here.

Such a great setup - and a great price. GLWS.

My old man is taking delivery of a Volvo next month.

I nearly fell over when he told me on the phone he was buying a Volvo. Then he told me it was a wagon. Then he told me it was white. I was speechless.

Then he said it was the T6 R-Design, so i looked up the specs..... and now I can't wait to have a drive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast