User Tag List

Thread: Silicon pipe size = mazda 6 mps

Default Silicon pipe size = mazda 6 mps

Can anyone tell me what size silicon tubing is used between the turbo outlet to the intercooler?

Thanks in advance.

50mm ID, the other one at the throttle body is 65mm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    50mm ID, the other one at the throttle body is 65mm ID.
    Thanks.

Noticed you have a hyperflow TMIC. Are you able to take some pictures for me of your install?

Top view of the IC, then a side view of the IC hose that goes from your turbo to the IC? I want to see how they installed it.

Got mine today, and things aren't lining up, so I want to see:
    1. How much material they cut from the silicone hose from the turbo to the IC,
    2. whether they retained the stock rubber mounts in the bolt holes.
    3. whether they retained the rubber around the Hyperflow IC shroud.

Thanks in advance.

I'll organise a photo when I get home. It can take a little bit of fiddling to get the fitment right. I used a couple of washers in one or two places to get the height right. Certainly re-use the rubber mounts. On mine the silicone turbo hose is straight, just needs to be the right length.

Here's some of my pics:

Trial Fit - nothing is lining up

After some manual manipulation, and tossing the rubber mounts:

Too much material taken off the pipe - fark:

Shroud don't fit anymore, some more manipulation:

Just noticed the thing is not level when installed - so I will need to go back and revisit where I need to add some spacers/washer I think.

John speaks very highly of you BTW - I had a chat with him as feedback on this unit. The unit itself is very well constructed.
    Last edited by mazda6mps; 06-05-2011 at 04:46 PM.

If you're still having trouble getting it to fit, first, check that the bolt hole locations in the TMIC line up with the holes without the rubber mounts and without the hoses attached. If that's ok then move on to installing the rubber mounts and getting the TMIC to fit and locate correctly in the duct with the bonnet lowered. Check the under side, you want as much space as you can get under there and at least 1mm clearance with the wiring harness that sits above the rocker cover. When you get all that sorted move on to the hoses. They may need a trim and a bit of persuasion.

If that doesn't work it's possible the fabricator made an error using the jig.

Here are the pics of my installation. I'll let you in on a bit of a secret; the hose at the back is under a bit of tension, it's helping to hold the back corner of the TMIC at the right height.

Gone to Volvo

updated pictures. noticed your IC turbo to IC inlet pipe is in a different location to where mine is.

- new pipe goodness courtesy of Hyperflow (thanks John!!!)

- final installed product

Still not happy with the level at the top left hand. Hyperflow sent me an spacer to insert, but it was too large, so atm I am using 6 washers glued together. When I have some more time, I'l make some minor adjustments to it to get it level. The unit at least does not rub around the bonnet shroud.

Fitting issues aside, it looks the business. Nice one!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommended, Aussie made and designed. John @ Hyperflow has been extremely helpful.

Have provided some feedback to them around the fitment issues, they will hopefully make some adjustments to future models, but apparently each set up is a little different. The unit will come off for adjustment when I get my shipment from SURE, I have some TIG's coming, so it may change the line up a bit.

I am awaiting a new silicon hose for the turbo to ic pipe, that has a 45 degree angle, so i will trim it, and hopefully it will fit better. I will provide this feedback also to hyperflow, so at least it has the additional option to angle the silicon coupler.

Whilst I am probably at it, I will upgrade the silicon at the TB when I install the TIG, and upgrade to t-clamps.

Good to see, and yes John @ hyperflow is very customer orientated . I also found that he would listen and go out of his way to assist when needed.
    Tip u may find helpful . Purchase a small length of clear pvc tube that fits TMIC inlet from hardware store. Use as a template as u can visually see the angle and wrap masking tape around the outside of fitted pvc at angle required..
    When new silicone arrives , lay along side of pvc tube and copy masking ,then use a new razor blade to to perform new angle cut to silicone . (perfect angle and cut)