User Tag List

Thread: looking for SRI kit for my 6MPS?

Question looking for SRI kit for my 6MPS?

Was just looking for opinions on the cork sport or cobb kits?

Also if just putting on a pod filter to the stock intake pipe will give a similar effect as a intake pipe + Filter?

any help would be great and pics of your intake set up would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Was just looking for opinions on the cork sport or cobb kits?

Also if just putting on a pod filter to the stock intake pipe will give a similar effect as a intake pipe + Filter?

any help would be great and pics of your intake set up would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello Pete ,
    NASTY BOY has just fitted a MZR SRI& POD FILTER to his MPS 6 he's stoked about $220 I think available from DISIMS3 member of OZMPSClub extremely good & good value as well

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Hi Pete,

When it comes to intake modifications for the 6 you pretty much have two options, a SRI or CAI. There's been much discussion on which is better and let me say it comes down to personal preference really. They're basically the same thing, each with pro's and con's. If you would like to know what these are in more detail I'm happy to explain it further. Myself, I have a CAI which a K&N hi flow pod filter. Complimenting the intake I have the COBB TIP.

I can't remember exactly what the standard filtration setup looked like and weather or not you could easily fit a pod on. It may make a slight difference but keep in mind if you get rid of the box you're intake air temp will be higher than stock and a CAI. Not to mention you have a pod capable of increased flow and less resistance (Pa) but you're still using the stock TIP which is a sort of square-bend small-sized restrictive part on its own.

The way I see it there's not much point putting pods etc when you haven't modified the entire intake path, thus achieving maximum flow and minimum resistance. I work in air-conditioning so I'll say this...No point specifying a large diffuser capable of 600L/s when you ductwork is 200x200. Eventually you may want to modify the exhaust to expel gases with the same efficiency as the intake.

I would say to you, get a SRI or CAI (on your preference) and look into getting a TIP. If you wish you can get a larger POD as I did, K&N are pretty good. That way you will achieve the best result and most efficient intake in general.

Click on the RR link in my sig to see a few shots on mine to get an idea of what a CAI could look like installed

Hope that helps

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

PP, I have an Apexi SRI and pod filter plus mount bracket for sale if you want one. The pod mount has an integral airflow director. It's neatly done. Fits inside 15 minutes. Worked well. You can remove your air-filter but leave the resonator in place, just blank it off so you can reverse the fit if you want anytime. I just removed it when I fitted the FMIC / CAI setup. Fewer than 5,000 kms, $150 the lot. You can view it here most anytime, or I can bring it to you if you are local. PM me if interested. Cheers.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Check with your local laws regarding pod filters.

In QLD, we only need a secure filter. I know NSW requires an enclosed filter.

If you do fit an SRI, try to get one with a heatsheild or enclosed box.

It may sound good, but, to get the most from it, you need it to work, you will waste your time and money with an SRI just sucking in hot engine bay air.

6. Default

Hi Pistol Pete,

Here's a few options out there, But by far the most popular is a CP-e TIP with a CP-e CAI.
    The other way to go would be a Corksport SRI kit, This kit has a TIP & an SRI in it. You can also up the anti with the Corksport Air box.
    Here's the link to the MPS 6 intake page.

If there's any further questions please feel free to contact us on sales@mpsgarage.com.au

hi have recently got a mzr sri and dam impressive.would highly recommend!!!

thanks DISIMS3 !

hi have recently got a mzr sri and dam impressive.would highly recommend!!!
    thanks DISIMS3 !
    where did you get your MZR SRI? and how much was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    where did you get your MZR SRI? and how much was it?
    They are sourced from MZR Performance through a member on here called DISIMS3, send him a PM and he will give you all the details. They are around $220

Hi Pistol Pete!

you'll certainly find the MZR Performance SRI (DISIMS3) gets a good wrap from MPS owners on the forums here.

I have one on my Gen 1 MPS 3. The quality of parts is first rate, price spot on. The sound is wonderful and throttle response the way it should be!

Read all about the MZR SRI system on this link and be sure to PM DISIMS3 for any qns!;

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...e-gen-2-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Check with your local laws regarding pod filters.

In QLD, we only need a secure filter. I know NSW requires an enclosed filter.

If you do fit an SRI, try to get one with a heatsheild or enclosed box.

It may sound good, but, to get the most from it, you need it to work, you will waste your time and money with an SRI just sucking in hot engine bay air.
    started looking at getting a CAI or SRI but would want a heat shield atleast or enclosed box ! had a look on the mspgarage website look good but not cheap

have around $200-250 to spend so is it possible to get a sri and heat shield for that kind of $$ ?
    Last edited by kovmps6; 28-08-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack