User Tag List

Thread: What is the best FMIC/TMIC for under $1000

1. Default What is the best FMIC/TMIC for under $1000

Am looking at getting a new intercooler and know about all the positives/negatives of FMIC vs TMIC. Was looking at anyones own experience with intercoolers up to $1000. Like the Cpe FMIC but a bit pricey from aus unless i get it overseas.

These would include ETS, Hyperflow and protege garage etc. Very keen to get one asap just unsure what to get.

Any ideas?

if you dont plan on upgrading the stock turbo to anything stupid like a GT35 or similar the PG FMIC pipe kit only with the intercooler support bracket, and a locally bought CX racing bar and plate intercooler will set you back around 500 bucks...

best bang for buck.. and there are a lot of guys running these cores.. (Me too when i get around to fitting it).. i was surprised as to the quality of the IC itself, as I only intended on using it as a stop gap measure initially, however after close inspection of the construction/welds/bar and plate construction.. im just going to keep it. The cast end tanks are nicely done too

3. Default

sounds like a good idea, where can i look for the cx racing intercoolers.

Anyone had some experience with hyperflow or ets intercoolers?

Ive had an ETS.. it was good..

but I think the PG setup will be much better

No heat soak..

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Gavin from CXracing in Australia

0425 217 969

tell him you want the IC0035, as this size is what works with the PG kit.. and its bar and plate.. unlike the tube and fin one the full PG kit comes with...

cxracing.com: Front Mount Intercooler 28"x7"x2.5", 2.5" Core: 22"x7"x2.5", 2.5" Inlet & Outlet, , BMW Audi A4 Golf

cheers

Doc