User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: noob exhaust upgrade question...

I agree with TBDM...car cruise sounds good to me

I would say get a downpipe as well. Anything is better than the stock piece.

-Derrick

Agree 100%. The OEM DP is horrible. The benefits of a change are noticeable. Best bolt on horsepower for the price that you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by CorkSport View Post
    I would say get a downpipe as well. Anything is better than the stock piece.

-Derrick
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

+1 Mine is awesome.

cheers for all the offers guys...i already know what the outcome is going to be if i end up meeting/chatting/seeing your modded 6s...and it aint gonna be good news for my wallet.
    my wife lurks on this forum...and she has put her foot down on me meeting up for an MPS cruise...
    only until she gets herself a MPS3...

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

and also rodwick,
    click on the link to your ride in you sig...cypher is pretty close to my work (im working in spearwood) so i may have to pop down and have a chat with them during a lunch break.

thanks for all the info (either in this thread or on you ride mod page) and same to everyone else.

i really shouldnt come one here...you guys are evil (with regards to tempting me to go mod crazy)

Leave pass...Denied lol

I got that covered for you mate

"Cruise? What cruise? I was on my way to buy you a chocolate cause you're so beautiful and happen to find several members in the carpark. It's rude to just ignore them so I just said hello. Member Rogiwck noticed I have a hole in my exhaust and recommended I get it fixed. Toddy said the cat looks like its got a crack in it also. Doug noticed rust on the stock DP and could literally fall off, so I need a new one...Anyway, here's some flowers and a chocolate bar"

Yeah go down and have a chat to Zack, feel free to mention Daniel or Andre if you like and he'll know or suggest something based on what you want. He's familiar with the 6 having done work on at least 3 (one over a extensive period) I'll be seeing him in a couple of weeks for a service.

Let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by rogwick; 01-07-2010 at 04:41 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    cheers for all the offers guys...i already know what the outcome is going to be if i end up meeting/chatting/seeing your modded 6s...and it aint gonna be good news for my wallet.
    my wife lurks on this forum...and she has put her foot down on me meeting up for an MPS cruise...
    only until she gets herself a MPS3...

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

and also rodwick,
    click on the link to your ride in you sig...cypher is pretty close to my work (im working in spearwood) so i may have to pop down and have a chat with them during a lunch break.

thanks for all the info (either in this thread or on you ride mod page) and same to everyone else.

i really shouldnt come one here...you guys are evil (with regards to tempting me to go mod crazy)
    Tell her to buy mine...

Will pump the 6 and everything is done!

There is an older thread around here about a modded 6. just had a CBE and tune and managed some really good numbers...

But I am into the beer and cant find the thread. Someone else will remember it though. Had pics as well!

YES. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    "Cruise? What cruise? I was on my way to buy you a chocolate cause you're so beautiful and happen to find several members in the carpark. It's rude to just ignore them so I just said hello. Member Rogiwck noticed I have a hole in my exhaust and recommended I get it fixed. Toddy said the cat looks like its got a crack in it also. Doug noticed rust on the stock DP and could literally fall off, so I need a new one...Anyway, here's some flowers and a chocolate bar"
    hehe, win!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hey guys, a little busy this weekend but managed to squeeze in a few shots. I'm still figuring my new camera, so I'm hoping they're not too bad. Better than the mobile phone anyway. Just quickly again, I have the CP-E catted DP, 3" mandrel mild steel cat-back, two stainless steel supercat mufflers, fitted on a MPS6. Some images for your information below,

Hope that give a better visual idea on a typical install.
    Cheers

0₂ Sensor connection on DP

DP Flange to cat-back, can see one resonator and the other in the corner of the shot

Pipework connection into muffler

Rear

Last edited by rogwick; 04-07-2010 at 10:34 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

sweet pics rodwick.

i got an email reply from MPS garage today...

"
    Thank you for your inquiry, the two MPS cat back exhaust systems we carry make a noticable diffence & both fill the rear bumper tips.
    We have had alot of customers ask for the same as you have had, so I will give you the facts & a new third choose.

The corksport CBE is alot louder then the CP-e at idle & low to mid rev range. Both have videos on the site to give you an idea on sound.

Both systems are 100% bolt on, with no cutting involed & also come with a instruction book / disc, with a tool listing as well.

The CP-e gains more power, but we are only talking about 2 to 4 Kw.

Your third choose would be to wait for another two months for the new axle back exhaust to be released.
    This will be not as loud as the CBE & not as much in power gains, but this system will invole some cutting.

I hope this was helpfuly & if you have any further questions regarding the exhaust, please feel free to contact me."

will try and make some time to drive down to cypher hopefully this week.

um... seriously?

"hope this was helpfuly"
    "your third choose"
    "We have had alot of customers ask for the same as you have had"

yes, grammar nazi...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12