User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magnaflow muffler.. Best Mufflers of course!

Your addicted. Now how about some doof doof music .

Did you get the resonator fitted Doc?

Just interested in the difference.

yep.. all fitted..

very happy with the results.. 14" long res fitted past cat, pre muffler... Zero drone.. much less crackle.. (it was never really loud to start with.. but i dont like loud pipes)..

deceleration is nice and quiet now too.. as well as my cold starts being quieter too...

all in all very happy

Thanks for that Doc.

Being doing this myself in a month or so.

ok well after another 750k's or so, it has bedded in.. and it sounds great. A real smooth note.. defiantly better than stock. It is louder.. but not by much. And not at all under normal driving. There is less drone than stcok at 110km/h.

Nail the loud button and it will let you know without making you look like a riced out lancer. id guess 25% louder than stock.. but sounding muuuuch better.

This is a must do.. it makes me smile, and the car revs better.. im very surprised by the performance increase.. its not dramatic like the DP.. but its definably there ..

Doc

6. Default

Your posts about the center muffler or the best mufflers your vehicle can have is great. I hope that in the near future you guys may have good insights for all of us to learn. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Jmac; 03-07-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary hyperlink

no worries..

my cold starts have really quietened down substantially now as well.. to the point where im not concerned about the neighbours, as its akin to stock noise levels now.. I guess it took longer to break in than I expected/assumed.

Only difference is that at WOT it sounds better..

And there is less drone than stock at 120km/h.. even my wife noticed..

I cant say enough good things about the magnaflow setup.. with the 14" resonator before it..

I guess you get what you pay for with mufflers.

Doc

any sound clip?Sounds awesome..would you recommend this setup for the 6 mps?

or something else?Thanks

definatly a magnaflow setup.. they make one for the MPS6!

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

you can buy it through Best mufflers too!

Hey Doc, what was your total outlay with DP, centre muffler, piping, and resonator?

I am keen to replicate that, as it follows the stealthier approach I want for my car, and I am budgeting at the moment for it.

um.. ill be honest.. I dont remember..

2k should cover it from memory.. maybe a tad more..

magnaflow is not cheap.. neither is Chris.. but he is good t what he does...

Doc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12