User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 TBE ss

Default Gen 2 TBE ss

Looking for anyone that has had new TBE for Gen2 . All advice /info welcome. CES in qld have as yet not built or installed a complete system for gen 2 and have offered me to be test mule. Cost is a bit extreme .Approx $3500. fitted. For this money ,i dont want to have to go back and forward if problems appear.

Phil I think CES are probably your best bet. None of the Major exhaust manufacturers have released a Cat-Back exhaust for the GEN 2. The downpipe shouldn't be an issue as I don't believe the part has changed from the GEN 1 design. CES have a good reputation.

Correction CP-E have released a Cat-Back exhaust for the 2010 model. You might wan't to contact 'MPS Garage' and see how long it will be before they can get one in. I would imagine the demand for these will be high.

Last edited by DISIMS3; 21-04-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Ultimate Racing released theirs ages ago.
    Very sexy..but they are based in the u.s

Ultimate-Racing.com

That looks hot!

Theres 2 clips up on Youtube...sounds like a mini wrx.
    just search for ultimate racing mazdaspeed 3

unless you want noise.. theres not much gains to be had from the cat back.. Dp is where its at mate

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    unless you want noise.. theres not much gains to be had from the cat back.. Dp is where its at mate
    OK Doc .are you saying to just install Dp only ,then into std exhaust ?????? And yes I don,t particurally want heaps of noise ,and not looking for LOOKs!.

I'd have to agree with DOC. The downpipe is where all the retriction is. Power gains from the CATBACK are very minimal. A good downpipe like the one from CP-E eliminates both retrictive CAT's with a single high flow one. Still i'd get that ultimate racing CAT BACK if i had a GEN 2..... and the money
    Titanium tips FTW!!!

Bingo...

I prefer the Best Mufflers DP with the large 100 CPI cat over the CPE with the small cat.

Let me know if your interested in the Bestmufflers one.. shoot me a PM and Ill give you some more info if you like...

Bingo...

I prefer the Best Mufflers DP with the large 100 CPI cat over the CPE with the small cat.

Let me know if your interested in the Bestmufflers one.. shoot me a PM and Ill give you some more info if you like...
    PM sent.

$3500 is a bit rich, to be the test mule they would want to be knocking $1500 off that price before you'd say yeah.

Forget CBE on a 3 MPS, as mentioned above DP and high-flow cat is where it's at.

Cheers mate

13. Default

Doc,
    You are thinking about GEN 1 (with a single exhaust). With the GEN 2 the CBE makes a good increase.
    We will have CP-E & Corksport GEN 2 CBE in stock Soon.
    Both are Stainless Steel, We will udate the Forum & the site when its closer too the launch date.

From what i remember reading.. please pull me up if im wrong..

2.5" mandrel bent all the way back.. then splits to 2 x 2" or was it 2.25" at the rear axle.

Unless there is a stupid baffled muffler in there im not aware of. If thats the case.. cut that sucker out and put a straight through one on instead.
    Let me know.. im interested. And my apologies for the incorrect info if im wrong

Anyway.. $ per KW... you can not beat the DP

15. Default

The Exhaust system is like An RX8 or a STI single entry dual exists on each side. Via a tee inside the muffer. The CP-E has a Y section inside which gives a better flow rate out of the same size muffer.

ok.. there you go I gotcha..

Why not just change the muffler if you want a little extra oompf after you do the DP then

Surely by upgrading the DP to a higher flowing unit like the CPE will yield enough flow for the types of mods we use ? I.e. wont become a restriction unless we are shooting for massive amounts of power ? how much restriction is there on the stock CBE on the gen 2 ?

As MPS garage was saying there is a 'T' inside one of the rear mufflers.. thats the restriction. it should be a "Y" shape.

However.. $ vs KW gain.. your not going to beat a DP

but....is there enough flow by upgrading just the DP on a gen 2 for what the stock motor can handle anyways ? wouldnt it be a waste of money doing the cat back unless you were going to big power and thus the catback would be a hinderence ? i.e. say a gen 2 mps3 with intake and DP tuned to 18psi: Would you think it would *need* also the cat back otherwise it wont make good power like the gen 1's would on the same mods ? just curious as to how much of a restriction it actually is compared to the gen 1 catback....

I think it may help after you do the DP.. but by how much.. im not sure. I have no experience, so im not going to say anything for sure...

Where are you located mate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast