User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

A twin dump pipe, as in a divorced waste gate style ?
    As far as I know he has only jigged up the MPS3 downpipe, and would most likely need to have an MPS6 there in case there are any differences in the designs, he is a bit anti divorced wategate pipes as well, much prefers the bell mouth collector.

Oh....so a bellmouth metal cat for example wouldnt work with the corksport dump pipe?Maybe he could make a 100 cell metal cat for corksport dump pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Id be getting the DP through him and be done with it
    Im also worried about if i need to take it back for any warranty issues.
    especially with all the Blown motor threads that get around. its not going to be something i can change out at home.
    Thats why im thinking of doing Race pipe and ETS TMIC

its only 0.1% blown motor stuff.. if you stick with the stock tune.. youll be fine..

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    Oh....so a bellmouth metal cat for example wouldnt work with the corksport dump pipe?Maybe he could make a 100 cell metal cat for corksport dump pipe
    there is no such thing as a bellmouth metal cat.

The bellmouth is what bolts to the turbo.

The cat is the cat.

You can place a 100 cell cat after the CS dump pipe if you wish...

After some in depth convos with chris, he has steered me away from the divorced style.

Whats his theory behind twin down pipes?

I got one on my TBE from CES. Cant say Im unhappy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    its only 0.1% blown motor stuff.. if you stick with the stock tune.. youll be fine..
    I was under the impression it was safer if tuned. I was thinking of going ECUtek down the track....

Divorced wastegate dumps have been known to cause boost creep issues at high RPM (depending on other mods), this creep can be enough to induce a boost cut on a stock tune (18+ psi for more than 2 secs), the issue lies with the dumps ability to outflow the factory wastegate, simply put, they are too efficient for our small wastegates, whereas the bellmouth design creates somewhat of a backpressure scenario post turbo as the gasses are collected immediately after they exit, as opposed to a few inches downstream.

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    I was under the impression it was safer if tuned. I was thinking of going ECUtek down the track....
    well... i guess depends on the tune.
    you start winding up the boost.. your putting more strain on the motor.. will it blow.. i seriously doubt it

lugging these engines below 2.5k with breather mods and or a tune will put excessive strain on the rods, and then id say youd be into 'reason to worry' territory.

We are seeing twisted S shaped rods.. meaning low rpm/high load in my opinion.

basically... what im saying.. get the DP.. dont drive like an idiot... and youll be fine.. enjoy the car.. they are a lot of fun

9. Default

i dont see why you would wait till warranty is over before you modify it

you are afraid of it not being covered by warranty if it blows wiith mods on, then why will you modify it after warranty has expired? its not like it gets covered by the dealer once warranty is out if it has mods

if you get the mods done properly, and look after the car, then you shouldn't have any issue

if you are worried about blowing the motor from mods, then dont modify it at all

sure, you can take the mods off and take it to a dealer when it puts a foot out of bed, but then you're not exactly honest when you tell them that it was stock now are you?

^^well put

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post

if you are worried about blowing the motor from mods, then dont modify it at all
    Id say thats being a little over cautious myself.
    I understand what your trying to say. dont get me wrong, im not paranoid about it shiting itself. Its more from a financial point really. i borrowed half the money to by this car which i love to drive, and in the unlikely event that something did happen to go wrong i would be in no position to fork out thousands of dollars for a new build. let alone be stuck without a car for such a period. But yeah, id love to do a few things to make it pull harder, and from what you guys and a few other people have said maybe the downpipe is the way to go. So what would you guys recommend first? ETS TMIC or the downpipe? all ive done so far is the intake/inlet.
    i appreciate your advice.

i thought the boost creep issue only came because the divorced waste gate was too small...what other mods would stop the boost creep?Thansk

Not so much the size of the divorced section, more so the wastegate itself not flowing enough, as far as mods to reduce boost creep, its really a case of more mods increasing the chances of boost creep, the more efficiently the system flows, the more likely you will creep. You may not creep at all with the downpipe alone on the system, but throw on an intake, TIP & IC and you open the pre turbo breathing up substantially, allowing better airflow through your motor.
    But even if you are fully bolted and creep is still causing issues, usually a very small restriction in the exhaust can be enough to stop it, a second cat would be barely noticeable power wise, but might be enough to prevent creep. Having said this not every car with a divorced DP experiences creep either.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Id say thats being a little over cautious myself.
    I understand what your trying to say. dont get me wrong, im not paranoid about it shiting itself. Its more from a financial point really. i borrowed half the money to by this car which i love to drive, and in the unlikely event that something did happen to go wrong i would be in no position to fork out thousands of dollars for a new build. let alone be stuck without a car for such a period. But yeah, id love to do a few things to make it pull harder, and from what you guys and a few other people have said maybe the downpipe is the way to go. So what would you guys recommend first? ETS TMIC or the downpipe? all ive done so far is the intake/inlet.
    i appreciate your advice.
    having had both...

DP no questions asked

Which is the better DP for 05MPS6 ? Best Mufflers VS CP-e.

I noted that MPS Garage are having a discount for CP-e DP. Thinking of going with them.

after hearing about the CPE cat that let go.. and knowing the trouble one would have to go through to replace it (DP back out again)..

id rather go with a system that had a better cat, (its a big cat.. and flows damn good).. and the Best mufflers system facilitates simple Cat replacement if the need ever arises. I trust Best Mufflers with my car, nothing against MPS garage.. Ive just never used them.. and when I find someone I trust, I stick with them...

Chris will take excellent care of you, your car, and your exhaust.
    Last edited by Doc; 16-04-2010 at 09:56 PM.

i'm going to send him my dump pipe and get him to put a cat on the end..really sounds like the guy to use..really appreciate the recommendations guys

nice.. keep us updated

going in tomorrow for my free re-torque of everything he has touched.

Not one problem.. its still behaving like a lunatic. I swear its the car.. not the driver..

Limited production run of these Dp's will be starting very soon..
    Ill update when he sends me some pics

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast