User Tag List

Thread: Ceramic coating DP

1. Default Ceramic coating DP

Hi guys,

Was talking to an exhaust shop the other days about getting my cpe downpipe fitted. He was saying he's done a couple of 3 and 6 and besides saying its a "pig fu*k" of a job ( his words ) he also said space for the dp will be tight. Recommended getting the dp ceramic coated before installation to minimise heat.

Haven't had a quote yet for ceramic coating but I figure it'll probably be a couple of hundred bucks. Question is, is it worth the money? Anyone with previous experience?

Thanks!

IMO this will not greatly benefit ,unless you are seriously further modding.
    Gen1 did have some heat generated into firewall and footwell ,but gen2 has enough heat protection to reduce transfer to firewall / footwell.
    Save your bucks.

if you can afford it - do it

It greatly improves the heat trapping of your exhaust system and can even speed up flow through the system but the main reason i would be doing it is that it makes your exhaust almost crack proof , will save you so much headache down the track

It's a good thing if done properly, if your not doing the other exhaust system components I can't see it being money well spent. It can expensive so keep that in mind.