User Tag List

Thread: Please help!!!!!!!! Blowing white smoke then stops

1. Unhappy Please help!!!!!!!! Blowing white smoke then stops

Hi, I have a 07 mps just rolled over 126000km and has started blowing white smoke. it only dose it every now and then I have witnessed it twice and comes out as a big cloud then stops. After both times its happened I've gotten out of the car and revved it a couple of times and nothing could this be the turbo seals and if so how much would it cost... thanks for any help

From what I was told the turbo seal failing will cause smoking at idle to begin with and gradually get worse overtime. New turbo seal VS New turbo would be a topic for the more seasoned members on here.

turbo seals...
    new turbo from mazda is not overly cheap, but you can get one from online here:
    2008 Mazda 3/M Parts - Online Mazda Parts

I have a turbo you can buy if you like. It's from my 2012 MPS done 40-50,000km largely highway kms. No leaks or shaft play. PM if interested

Just leave your car idling for about 5-10 minutes and just see if it happens while idling. Don't rev it as most times the smoke will disappear on revving. If that happens most likely its turbo seals. The smoke coming out also smells terrible from what I hear.

White smoke - does it happen when you are early into your journey? Could be just condensation/steam from the exhaust?

6. Default

Its done it after a long drive and it did it again today after a 5min drive and its defiantly white smoke but only last for a very short period I.e I seen it in my rear vision mirror ND by the time I get to the back of the car its stopped

PS, please dont post this in the FORUM ISSUES section, it is for problems with the website.
    Future posts should go into the appropriate TECHNICAL section.

1st thing I would do is get a compression test.... I have a 07 MPS3 which had a similar problem & unfortunately it turned out to be more than turbo seals.
    A complete engine rebuild actually......

A comp test will cost you peanuts and eliminate or confirm your problem. My2c anyways, good luck

Moved thread with expiring redirect.