User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expected Gains with CS TMIC

Default Expected Gains with CS TMIC

Well just want to throw this open for opinion....I'm just about to upgrade my OEM Intercooler to a CS TMIC, along with this I will be changing my spark plugs to NGK Iridium (1 step colder) & upgrading my FP Internals with Autotech (seemed like a natural upgrade path). I've been to see my mechanic this morning (who also happens to do dyno tuning) because I need a service shortly and I mentioned the work i'm about to do and asked what sort of performance gains I could expect after it has been retuned. He said i'd be lucky to gain anything from these mods......This seems strange to me as I would think I could dial up the boost safely with these mods. For those who are not familiar with my current build - I currently have full exhaust, DP, SRI, TIP, tuned with Haltech Piggyback ECU...currently 200killawasps @ 17psi....thoughts and logic behind your thoughts would be greatly appreciated... Thanks and sorry for the long-winded post
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

The difference I had felt with upgrading the tmic was it seemed to have more puff at top end like the pull lasted longer..

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    The difference I had felt with upgrading the tmic was it seemed to have more puff at top end like the pull lasted longer..

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Ozzie , just wondering whether you dyno'd before and after to gauge the power increase.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

100 Killerwasps at the shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    You're confusing my mods with your last mod I think Ken When are you going in for your tune?

Hahaha I'm cereal, meow you here!

Taking it in Thursday/Friday.

No power gains. will help other mods perform better tho, will get a small torque increase due to intake temps dropping. Get most benefits when adding a CAI/sri + airbox increase the flow also
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 04-06-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Meow agree with Torque increase Retune at 18psi.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    more puff at top end like the pull lasted longer..
    In that case i want to bolt one to my groin area. Seriously with the CS intercooler he should be able to tune it safely with 18.5 - 19 psi.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

10. Default

Whre are you getting the intercooler from, going direct from corksport is $100 including shipping cheaper than mpsgarage. I just ordered one after reading your thread haha

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Whre are you getting the intercooler from, going direct from corksport is $100 including shipping cheaper than mpsgarage. I just ordered one after reading your thread haha
    hehe cool I did the same, ordered through corksport direct and yep 100 bucks cheaper as well. They contacted me a day or 2 after I ordered it asking if I'd like to purchase from their 'Australian distributor' . I told them that budget was tight and wanted to purchase direct because it was cheaper. No sweat, was dispatched this morning so hoping to receive it in a week of 2. I kinda thought increasing to 19psi would be fine as well

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    hehe cool I did the same, ordered through corksport direct and yep 100 bucks cheaper as well. They contacted me a day or 2 after I ordered it asking if I'd like to purchase from their 'Australian distributor' . I told them that budget was tight and wanted to purchase direct because it was cheaper. No sweat, was dispatched this morning so hoping to receive it in a week of 2. I kinda thought increasing to 19psi would be fine as well
    Im running around 19psi with stock intercooler, i also have a 3 inch intake on order so your thread made me think may as well get a better flowing intercooler to take advantage of it.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    No power gains. will help other mods perform better tho, will get a small torque increase due to intake temps dropping. Get most benefits when adding a CAI/sri + airbox increase the flow also
    Im probably completely outta my league here so play nice, with cooler engine temps and better fuel flow won't that allow the existing mods to perform more efficiently allowing higher boost to create an increase in power/kws? Sorry again if I'm not making sense :-/

I am in the process of upgrading to a ETS TMIC... mainly due to heat soak ruining my last few track days The only power gains I expect is when I go to the next COBB Map.

Im probably completely outta my league here so play nice, with cooler engine temps and better fuel flow won't that allow the existing mods to perform more efficiently allowing higher boost to create an increase in power/kws? Sorry again if I'm not making sense :-/
    It will prob decrease boost but keep same power, everything will work more efficiently. When you increase boost you will get a power increase
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

When I put the Cpe tmic on mine with standard bits it felt smoother power was more efficient through the rev range. Hard to explain wasn't a power increase as such

Well just want to throw this open for opinion....I'm just about to upgrade my OEM Intercooler to a CS TMIC, along with this I will be changing my spark plugs to NGK Iridium (1 step colder) & upgrading my FP Internals with Autotech (seemed like a natural upgrade path). I've been to see my mechanic this morning (who also happens to do dyno tuning) because I need a service shortly and I mentioned the work i'm about to do and asked what sort of performance gains I could expect after it has been retuned. He said i'd be lucky to gain anything from these mods......This seems strange to me as I would think I could dial up the boost safely with these mods. For those who are not familiar with my current build - I currently have full exhaust, DP, SRI, TIP, tuned with Haltech Piggyback ECU...currently 200killawasps @ 17psi....thoughts and logic behind your thoughts would be greatly appreciated... Thanks and sorry for the long-winded post
    Your mechanic is right, I gained fark all from a TMIC

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    When I put the Cpe tmic on mine with standard bits it felt smoother power was more efficient through the rev range. Hard to explain wasn't a power increase as such
    The delivery was smoother/better but the output was about the same?
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

I think you'll find the power feels more linear with a tmic, smoother through the whole range compared to stock

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    The delivery was smoother/better but the output was about the same?
    Yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast