User Tag List

Thread: cheap ebay downpipes

Default cheap ebay downpipes

hey guys just looking at getting a downpipe and trying to go cheap cos im trying to save

was wondering if anyone has actually bought a cheap one from ebay?? eg 06 07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Turbo 3" Down Pipe Downpipe | eBay

wanted to know fitment and quality etc. but for pretty much $200 delivered its damm cheap!!

already got an exhaust guy lined up who reckons he can install it for 250-300 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Raif12 View Post
    hey guys just looking at getting a downpipe and trying to go cheap cos im trying to save

was wondering if anyone has actually bought a cheap one from ebay?? eg 06 07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 Turbo 3" Down Pipe Downpipe | eBay

wanted to know fitment and quality etc. but for pretty much $200 delivered its damm cheap!!

already got an exhaust guy lined up who reckons he can install it for 250-300 bucks
    The US guys seem to use them often without much fault. But I would rather spend the extra $$$ so it fits/ doesn't have to be swapped when it cracks
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Yes I have the ebay one for my 6, brilliance of it is that it is v band, you can use basically any turbo if you upgrade. It had a cat welded in when I bought it, never had a CEL and been running for over a year with no cracks/leaks. TBH its just as good as any other. I have it mated to a CPE catback, I had no issues with it lining up, just connect it at the turbo first then bolt it up to the exhaust. Just keep in mind the quote for installing if he hasn't done an MPS before some of them get a shock, it is not an easy task for a first time installer, for the 6 you need to remove the wipers, wiper motor etc, the long black cowl that runs across the back of the firewall so you can get the DP out the top, it will not fit out the bottom in the 6 and plenty of inox/wd40
    Last edited by dazza; 03-04-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Yes I have the ebay one for my 6, brilliance of it is that it is v band, you can use basically any turbo if you upgrade. It had a cat welded in when I bought it, never had a CEL and been running for over a year with no cracks/leaks. TBH its just as good as any other. I have it mated to a CPE catback, I had no issues with it lining up, just connect it at the turbo first then bolt it up to the exhaust. Just keep in mind the quote for installing if he hasn't done an MPS before some of them get a shock, it is not an easy task for a first time installer, for the 6 you need to remove the wipers, wiper motor etc, the long black cowl that runs across the back of the firewall so you can get the DP out the top, it will not fit out the bottom in the 6 and plenty of inox/wd40
    thanks that was exactly the response i was looking for!! i might just go ahead and get one. and as for the quote iv already told him iv heard its a bitch to install and he spent 10 mins looking under the bonnet and called me the next day with the quote so fingers crossed it doesnt get toooooo much more haha

It comes out the bottom if you drop the tailshaft and remove the shaft flange.