User Tag List

Thread: Autobarn MAF housing - Don't buy one of these!

Default Autobarn MAF housing - Don't buy one of these!

This is the centre of all my issues. Don't buy one (Autobarn $50 approx.) Since having fitted this item, I've had fuel/boost cuts issues and since removing it, I can't seem to stop fowling plugs, even after reseting the ECU. What has it come to, when you can't buy a cheap part for testing before you buy a good one. Meh, what do I expect, fkn cheapskate.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

The ID of that MAF housing is too large and it messes with the readings of the sensor. Best of sticking with a MPS specific kit or if you have to a WRX kit will work. I'm using an APEX'i WRX SRI which has an identical ID as the standard Mazda piece and have had no problems.

Yeah I know about the ID now, The package read that it suits Mazda and Subaru. Its the finer details that seem to get missed. Thanks, Troy.

Bummer dood...

Blog Entries

Yeah I found this out a while ago with a mate and his SP23, it just wouldn't idle and kept stalling.

Who'd have thought 6mm would cause so much greif. lol.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Who'd have thought 6mm would cause so much greif. lol.
    Silicone sealer?

I've read that some people run a silicon coupler on the inside of this housing to reduce the ID, and make a hole for the sensor to poke through. But IMO you're better off with a specific kit.

Yeah, I'm making up a SRI kit now.