User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just installed the Sure Aeros SRI

Default Just installed the Sure Aeros SRI

Hi guys,

Just installed the Sure Aeros SRI and just had a few questions about it. I think it would naturally apply to all SRI installations. Anyhow, how long do you let the car idle after the install? I gave it about 20 mins. And how many kms should you ideally drive casually to let the ecu relearn? In this period, is going into boost permitted?

I tried searching around, including this forum and found all conflicting answers so if I could kindly ask for the assistance of the knowledgeable folk I would much appreciate that!

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

No need to let it idle for 20min.
    Question did u disconnect the battery b4 install , if (yes) then just drive car for approx 50 klms as normal . After approx 50klms then u are fine to go to full boost.
    Question did u clean the MAF sensor whilst disassembled , this will also benefit the new SRI .

As Oldhead says, 50km is enough but ensure you've reset your ECU first. Just mix your driving up in that time, bit of city work, do a freeway run, work through the gears. Should be OK after that.

When done and you're home stick your head under the bonnet again and check you did everything up alright.

My opinion.........

Don't reset the ECU and give it heaps straight up (or drive as per normal)
    The ECU only learns when in part throttle.
    WOT will revert to the base tune anyway, regardless of what it has learnt.

Honestly when I installed my SRI, I didn't drive casually at all.

Gave it full boost when I first drove it to listen to the sound it made lol

hey guys.

i just replaced the stock air filter to a K&N panel filter without discharge the battery..
    im wondering do i suppost to discharge the battery, idle the car a while and clean the MAF sensor before and after the replacement?
    if so, what should i do now cos i didn't do any of these but just got it replace straight away...

cheers,
    ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post
    hey guys.

i just replaced the stock air filter to a K&N panel filter without discharge the battery..
    im wondering do i suppost to discharge the battery, idle the car a while and clean the MAF sensor before and after the replacement?
    if so, what should i do now cos i didn't do any of these but just got it replace straight away...

cheers,
    ryan

Sounds bad.......
    Idle the car for 30min , honk the horn for 5 , 10, & 20 second intervals......put the car in reverse , & try to drive forwards up a hill.
    That should fix any filter problems.

Seriously... its a new panel filter, not a turbo.
    Remove & replace the old one & just drive your car as normal.
    Last edited by AD07; 31-10-2011 at 07:58 AM.

I am no mechanic but after I put my MZR in my Gen 2, I just put the boot into it on the first drive...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Yea when I had my CAI fitted I started driving like a ratbag just to hear the noise.

Fuel Economy went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    No need to let it idle for 20min.
    Question did u disconnect the battery b4 install , if (yes) then just drive car for approx 50 klms as normal . After approx 50klms then u are fine to go to full boost.
    Question did u clean the MAF sensor whilst disassembled , this will also benefit the new SRI .
    Yeah I did disconnect the battery before the install, and also drove for about 50kms, most of it rarely even coming close to 4k revs BUT I didn't however clean the MAF sensor which I think I will have to do sometime soon.

Thanks for the clarification guys, I've been really itching to hit the throttle and hear the potential of the SRI!

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Honestly when I installed my SRI, I didn't drive casually at all.

Gave it full boost when I first drove it to listen to the sound it made lol
    haha that's funny stuff man... i've gotta admit though, it's hard to hold back.. gonna take her for a good spin when i get home though! woot!

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Yea when I had my CAI fitted I started driving like a ratbag just to hear the noise.

Fuel Economy went to shit.
    lol I'm sure it was all worth it though right? How's your fuel economy looking now?

My avg is 9.9l/100k which is ok I think and I still drive my car like I stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    My avg is 9.9l/100k which is ok I think and I still drive my car like I stole it.

haha awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Haha! This's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Sounds bad.......
    Idle the car for 30min , honk the horn for 5 , 10, & 20 second intervals......put the car in reverse , & try to drive forwards up a hill.
    That should fix any filter problems.

Seriously... its a new panel filter, not a turbo.
    Remove & replace the old one & just drive your car as normal.
    Yeah cool. Thanks mate

I get like 12L/100 around town, getting it custom tuned helped a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I get like 12L/100 around town, getting it custom tuned helped a bit.
    That's what my 6 gets. I'm under the impression that anyone who claims lower figures are either lying, or boring.

What does one get classified as if they range between 9.9 and 10.3?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'm getting a little bit over 400km each full tank.

If you've spotted me on the road you would understand why. I need to start driving properly... I think that's like 14L/100

My trip computer says my average is 16.8L/100kms 8-)

Shit.........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast