User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just installed the Sure Aeros SRI

HEhehe, I sure do love setting the computer to Instantaneous Fuel Consumption, and winding it out to limiter... 11.2L/100kms... 38.4L/100kms... 66.9L/100kms... 98L/100kms... 124.5L/100kms
    The one time I took the old girl for a blat in it, she nearly choked when she watched it counting up lol (She drives a diesel golf and gets stressed when her consumption goes above an average of like six.... heh)

Another quick question guys, if I install a TIP at a later date, will I need to d/c the negative battery terminal again?

you will need to take the battery completly out to get access for the tip anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    you will need to take the battery completly out to get access for the tip anyway.
    Gotcha! thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    HEhehe, I sure do love setting the computer to Instantaneous Fuel Consumption, and winding it out to limiter... 11.2L/100kms... 38.4L/100kms... 66.9L/100kms... 98L/100kms... 124.5L/100kms
    The one time I took the old girl for a blat in it, she nearly choked when she watched it counting up lol (She drives a diesel golf and gets stressed when her consumption goes above an average of like six.... heh)
    A mate of mine slapped a whipple supercharger onto his Slumsport Commonwhore... has a pic somewhere of the display reading 666.0L/100Kms

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Hey mate, how did you go with the Intake pipe you recently bought? have you installed it yet and if so how does it sound?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMackie View Post
    Hey mate, how did you go with the Intake pipe you recently bought? have you installed it yet and if so how does it sound?
    Who you asking?

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    Who you asking?
    He quoted MadAussie.

Btw just a little note, I replaced the SURE pod filter with an aftermarket filter of an unknown brand and noticed more power and noise. The throttle was way more responsive too. There must be something bad about the SURE pod filter because when I installed the SURE Aeros it felt like my car was weaker than when it had the stock air box. It's MUCH better and very noticeable now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMackie View Post
    Hey mate, yeah it does make a noticeable difference to the intake noise, and although I'm not too sure how much of a real difference it's made, it does seem to be smoother on boost by a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    He quoted MadAussie.

Btw just a little note, I replaced the SURE pod filter with an aftermarket filter of an unknown brand and noticed more power and noise. The throttle was way more responsive too. There must be something bad about the SURE pod filter because when I installed the SURE Aeros it felt like my car was weaker than when it had the stock air box. It's MUCH better and very noticeable now.
    May I ask which pod this was?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    May I ask which pod this was?

I said it was an unknown brand, but obviously has better airflow than the SURE pod... I'm sure if you bought a K&N pod filter you might even find better results than me. I'm buying a K&N pod myself soon.

Sometimes the better airflow mean its filter isnt as effective from the little nasty particles in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Sometimes the better airflow mean its filter isnt as effective from the little nasty particles in the air.
    This...be careful with the no name Super Cheap etc filters...had one split on my car...

14. Default

Good to hear (pardon the punn), thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    This...be careful with the no name Super Cheap etc filters...had one split on my car...
    I 2nd that. Stick with name brands when it comes to air filters. For the sake of an extra $30-40 you could be doing $$$$ worth of damage to your Turbo/motor if the cheap A$$ air filter gives way and lets go some of the filter material or even worse some of the wire mesh into the fins of you turbo.

That's why I'm buying a K&N filter soon

Bought this, ALOT of difference.

http://www.knfilters.com/images/l/RR-3003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Bought this, ALOT of difference.

http://www.knfilters.com/images/l/RR-3003.jpg
    How much did you pick it up for?

If it's a K&N filter, probably $90/100 bucks from Supercheap. Least that's how much I paid.

Was $130 from AutoPro in Malaga, I was desperate to replace the shitty no namer pod I was using

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast