User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Stealth Exhaust

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Yes, Brisbane.

I offer the DP and cat as a postage item.
    Maybe the system and rear muffler setup in the near future. (If I can get a Gen 2 into the shop long enough to make a jig from)
    Hey, do you know what exhaust system i could use that would work with your DP and cat? Cheers.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 11gen2mps View Post
    Hey, do you know what exhaust system i could use that would work with your DP and cat? Cheers.
    Any CBE will work with a DP and CAT, as the DP and CAT is designed to fit to the stock system.

For what it is worth, I am going to be putting the TurboXS stealth back on my Evo, in the Evo's case it is a front pipe and high flow CAT, it is recomended not to do a full TBE on the Evo unless you are changing the turbo too. I would of already put it on, but I have not had the time to get it done. (along with a tune, intake and FMIC)

And never mention Corksport in the same sentance as CP-E and Cobb. It is no where near the same standard, some people have had good luck with the Corksport gear fitting first time with no issues, while other people have needed to modify the "bolt on" parts so they fit, its a 50:50 shot.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    Any CBE will work with a DP and CAT, as the DP and CAT is designed to fit to the stock system.

For what it is worth, I am going to be putting the TurboXS stealth back on my Evo, in the Evo's case it is a front pipe and high flow CAT, it is recomended not to do a full TBE on the Evo unless you are changing the turbo too. I would of already put it on, but I have not had the time to get it done. (along with a tune, intake and FMIC)

And never mention Corksport in the same sentance as CP-E and Cobb. It is no where near the same standard, some people have had good luck with the Corksport gear fitting first time with no issues, while other people have needed to modify the "bolt on" parts so they fit, its a 50:50 shot.
    Thanks for your info about Corksport. Are you talking mainly SRI's and T.I.P's or the TMIC/FMIC and exhaust setups they have?

I dont know much about exhaust systems but i was under the assumption that if you are going to change the DP and cat, wouldnt you also have to change the front part of the exhaust? Is this not necessary for all cars?

Does anyone on here have a DP and cat without modding the TBE or whatever it is called!? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Does anyone on here have a DP and cat without modding the TBE or whatever it is called!? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    Cton.

5. Default

Thanks for your info about Corksport. Are you talking mainly SRI's and T.I.P's or the TMIC/FMIC and exhaust setups they have?

I dont know much about exhaust systems but i was under the assumption that if you are going to change the DP and cat, wouldnt you also have to change the front part of the exhaust? Is this not necessary for all cars?

The above is obviously stolen from StreetUnit.
    Now, a TBE is all of the pipes there 1 - 3.
    A DP and Cat replaces parts 1 + 2.
    A CBE replaces just part 3.

To go with this the DP and CAT is the front part of the exhaust.
    Yes you can change the DP and CAT without doing a full TBE, as you leave the stock CBE section in place.

Corksport - Everything can and I do stress "can be" dodgy.

The last thing I will offer is, don't start playing with your exhaust until you have read up on and looked at everything on offer. There is no harm in waiting 6 months while you sniff around this site, ask stupid questions and learn more about modifying cars. I was much like you when I started out, I knew nothing, learnt some things the hard way and learnt my lesson. There are other people on this site that know more about this stuff than I do, 2XS is one, and while I assume he makes good gear, make sure you are ready in all regards for what he is offfering. His divorced wastegate design DP will offer you a lot of power, yet, it can or at the very lest could cause issues with intakes in regards to over boosting due to an intake with an oversized MAF. 2XS if I am worng, PM me and I will remove the final section or at least correct it. Not a go at you, just a word of warning from what I have learnt previously.

Stealth **** that... u want people to feel u when there are flat out and u pass them! they will never forget the roar and ur tail lights than

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post

The above is obviously stolen from StreetUnit.
    Now, a TBE is all of the pipes there 1 - 3.
    A DP and Cat replaces parts 1 + 2.
    A CBE replaces just part 3.

To go with this the DP and CAT is the front part of the exhaust.
    Yes you can change the DP and CAT without doing a full TBE, as you leave the stock CBE section in place.

Corksport - Everything can and I do stress "can be" dodgy.

The last thing I will offer is, don't start playing with your exhaust until you have read up on and looked at everything on offer. There is no harm in waiting 6 months while you sniff around this site, ask stupid questions and learn more about modifying cars. I was much like you when I started out, I knew nothing, learnt some things the hard way and learnt my lesson. There are other people on this site that know more about this stuff than I do, 2XS is one, and while I assume he makes good gear, make sure you are ready in all regards for what he is offfering. His divorced wastegate design DP will offer you a lot of power, yet, it can or at the very lest could cause issues with intakes in regards to over boosting due to an intake with an oversized MAF. 2XS if I am worng, PM me and I will remove the final section or at least correct it. Not a go at you, just a word of warning from what I have learnt previously.
    Thanks a bunch for explaining that to me, its like a light flicked on in my head! I looked at that drawing probably 3 or 4 times and couldnt quite figure out what the hell was going on back their!

Interesting information in regards to the DP and intake/MAF sensor. This is exactly what i want to avoid which is why im still hesitant about actually getting an exhaust in the first place, the only reason i want to get one is because i want to get the CP-E CAI(leaning towards this one over the SRI intakes on the market) and a turbo inlet pipe to go along with it. Now in my limited understanding, the way i see it is if im going to go out and get these parts installed it will put unnecessary pressure on the stock exhaust, is this correct? Ive been trying to find information in regards to these issues for a while with little luck, maybe i should ask a professional mechanic but there are soo many differing opinions out their that sometimes i feel a little confused!

And if i do end up getting the exhaust beefed up, am i going to have to replace the stock TMIC?

May i ask what type of problems you ran into personally when you went about modifying your car? Thanks for your help mate.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Stealth **** that... u want people to feel u when there are flat out and u pass them! they will never forget the roar and ur tail lights than
    haha to each his own i guess. My aim in modifying my car is to keep it looking and sounding stock, as much as humanly possible, so when someone wants to be a smartass and think my car is a shitbox, thats when i turn the jets on!! Yes i have serious ego issues!

It i dont scare them with my intake and 3076.. i will with my flames out the back!!

In saying that at cruise with C/control on u would never know..

Thanks a bunch for explaining that to me, its like a light flicked on in my head! I looked at that drawing probably 3 or 4 times and couldnt quite figure out what the hell was going on back their!

Interesting information in regards to the DP and intake/MAF sensor. This is exactly what i want to avoid which is why im still hesitant about actually getting an exhaust in the first place, the only reason i want to get one is because i want to get the CP-E CAI(leaning towards this one over the SRI intakes on the market) and a turbo inlet pipe to go along with it. Now in my limited understanding, the way i see it is if im going to go out and get these parts installed it will put unnecessary pressure on the stock exhaust, is this correct? Ive been trying to find information in regards to these issues for a while with little luck, maybe i should ask a professional mechanic but there are soo many differing opinions out their that sometimes i feel a little confused!

And if i do end up getting the exhaust beefed up, am i going to have to replace the stock TMIC?

May i ask what type of problems you ran into personally when you went about modifying your car? Thanks for your help mate.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

haha to each his own i guess. My aim in modifying my car is to keep it looking and sounding stock, as much as humanly possible, so when someone wants to be a smartass and think my car is a shitbox, thats when i turn the jets on!! Yes i have serious ego issues!
    You wont be putting any pressure on your stock exhaust when you update you're intake. The impression I get is that the GenII system already had pretty good pipes.

A DP with the factory CPE is stealth. No one except a fellow MPS'er will notice the difference. Plus there are some good power gains as mentioned. Still a great bang for your buck mod.

You don't need to mess with you're intercooler just yet IMO. Go the DP, update your intake (SRI FTW!!). Personally I'd go a change in intercooler when your ready for a tune.

Thanks for the pic Crusher. Just what this thread needed!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12