User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Everyone's Opinion

Default In Everyone's Opinion

Hey guys,
    Still trying to make a decision on my 1st mods...need some opinions

MRT XB Kit. This consists of a dump pipe and high flow CAT and ECUTEK Tune from Mercury Motorsport ot

Supply, fit & tune haltech ecu, supply & install dump pipe with 3in mild steel exhaust, modify exising stock airbox - All Star Tuning..

Both offering dyno runs before and after work..

looking at just over 3k for each option!

I would be inclined to go with Mercury Motorsport becuase of the ECUTEK tune.

I wouldn't let Mercury touch my car...just saying...

And I wouldn't get a Haltech either...

Drive to Sydney....Tunehouse for the ECUTEK tune...drive it back.

Opion ? is that a drug, can you get me some of that :P ( sorry, had to )

Opinion ?

Hey TD,
    ya making me nervous...why wouldn't you let Mercury touch your car...have you had a bad experience...need to go into this eyes wide open & driving to Sydney and back simply isn't an option

Google them and use phrases like 'Mercury Motorsport problems'...

Get a well made, CEL free DP. $1000

Get some grip/handling mods. $1000

Contact Chiptorque and ask when their Gen 2 flash tune will be ready.

Mercury - Not a site sponsor.
    Allstar - Not a site sponsor.
    Chiptorque - Is a site sponsor. (Because Tunehouse isn't an option)

P.S. Not that being a site sponsor means reputable anyway

As per above , DP , and check with chiptorque re when is flash available .

Ask Mercury how many gen 2 MPS they have experience with.
    I drove to Sydney for Ecuteck @tunehouse and could not be happier, great people ,heaps of experience, and did a great job. Even the owner of Chiptorqe commented how good the tune was.

Finally made a decision!! I'm going to use All Star Tuning...For anyone interested i will be getting the following done..

DP, 3in Mild Steel System with stainless steel muffler, airbox mod ($1950-)
    Haltech ecu incl supply, fit & tune ($1200-)

Above includes dyno runs before and after...

I was very tempted to go with Mercury Motorsport because the package they were offering seems like a popular set-up but decided to go with All Star because they seem a little more passionate about MPS's. One thing i'd like to know (maybe a really silly question - so take it easy) but with the haltech ECU tune can you remove/reduce the torque limiter in 1st & 2nd?? And would anyone know how much etra power i will be able to get from these mods?

Am getting the work done in the next few weeks so will post the results once finished!

Well...the day finally came last Wednesday to drop the zoom zoom into All Star for the work...plan was 3 days collecting last Friday...but alas a last minute drama arose with the Haltech interceptor they were fitting. They have had to order a new one in from Sydney and will arrive tomorrow...Brendan gives me the idea that everything will be right by the afternoon....fingers crossed...

They had a new design for the DP on the GenII (was told i wasd the 1st for this) which has produced 18kws more then they were expecting so it will be interesting to see where we end up once the tune is completed! Will post the results...hopefully tomorrow night!!

Hey mate, DONT do the Airbox Mod...it's horse$hit....They did it to my car. They cut a massive hole in the airbox...that's it...No science...nothing proven.

I wish it wasn't done, because you cannot bring it back to stock.

Ask Troy (2XS) about an intake an Airbox. Much better results now that you're getting a tune.

Or...go to tunehouse

Well, got the car back and fairly happy with the results...has a noice note about her now and she definately goes better, but thought i would get greater gains....gone from 210hp to 236hp (converts into a 19kw gain) Brendan claimed early on that i should get a 30kw gain...Would like to know everyone's opinion on this...remember..i got Dbl DP, 3in Exhaust, airbox mod & haltech interceptor installed and tuned....My feeling is the chart that he printed out for me today was done after the exhaust was installed as the date reads 22nd (last Friday) before they had finished the work on the interceptor...

I will ask them tomorrow but thought i would pick some brains on here first!

Cheers
    Bob

pics of chart?
    the thing with a tune is that the torque/power from ~2500-5500rpm is usually what improves the most
    the max number isnt really that important

You need black badges and an OzMPSclub sticker. That should give you the extra 11Kw you are missing.

Maybe you should have gone to a forum sponsor for the tuning. Better results and no BS.

Ahhh, newbs and interceptor tuning...
    Expensive, evasive, and prehistoric. Should've gone a flash tune. Remove torque limiters? = yes. Cost effective? = yes. Wait on parts? = no. Versatile? = yes.
    Sorry mate, but I can think of plenty of better ways to spend 3 large on my MPS... And I proved it...

Good luck with the rest of your mods. I hope the car feels great for you. (not sarcastic, I mean it.)

Yeah i picked up 11kw from black badges, and also picked 20 kw from black vinyls and red brake calipers ... All seriousness though, you can spend 1200 power wise but once you get tune dp and intake the first 2 gears are useless and if your running standard rubber maybe even 3rd...

Only saying this because i've only spent 1400 on tune and intake was considering dp and cooler but even at the stage of intake and tune power donw was an issue, so i decided to spend that money on power down. Money better spent since it will not be money wasted on tyre smoke
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Can't agree more with above comments. My mods are listed in my sig, don't have a tune, can't put power down. Need more rear engine mount, better bushes up front, in terms of an anti lift kit. Then one day a tune.

Credit to you for your energy to improve your ride. More than I've done. I wish you got more bang for your buck though. 19kw seems a little low. I managed 12kw just with a
    Best Mufflers DP on Allstars' dyno (including their airbox mod).

Any pics of your airbox mod?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Getting off the line in a MPS3 is an art, with the std power and even more so with a modded one you cant never expect to put your foot down dump the clutch and expect instant grip. Practice and practice some more, restrain your urge for having the pedal flat out, once your rolling go for broke!

Well, i spoke to soon. Got in touch with Brendan this morning and the chart he gave me yesterday was for the dyno they did AFTER they carried out the exhaust & BEFORE the tune. They are getting the final one together for me today, they just need to convert into a format that can be emailed.. so will be able to post the REAL results soon! Much happier knowing that they Dyno'd at all stages throughout the process & the gains are going to be greater then i initially thought!

^^^^^good stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast