User Tag List

Thread: fuel economy with a sri and tip

Default fuel economy with a sri and tip

Will I be getting a beeter fuel economy with a sri and a tip???

umm you should i would think, but maybe at cruising speeds 100km/h - 110km/h might see it be the same as standard as the tip may bring boost on sooner and therefore when sitting at 2500 - 2700rpm could be in the spool zone.

It's also the way you drive after the mods, i know cause i was getting 10 - 10.5l/100km standard now after all the work im getting similar maybe .5 worst occasionally, but all because i love the sound at mid range lol. If i drove like i used to I could manage low 9's but its not worth it lol
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

My economy went to shit when I had my intake and DP installed. But that was because I started driving it very differently once I could hear the induction noise. Highway economy actually improved quite a lot for me.

Then when I got it tuned it improved quite a bit, but the induction noise is still a bit too tempting to pass up sometimes. fwhoooosh!

I haven't noticed a difference to be honest. Prior to installation of my SRI/TIP I was averaging around 480-510, and currently I'm averaging around the same, maybe just a bit better. I think it's as Bakis stated where it depends on the way you drive. The MPS fuel average is stated to be approximately 10.5l/100km.

In theory it's designed to produce better economy due to improved fuel burning but who knows.

I noticed a slight improvement with SRI install. Even more so with CBE.

But as others have said above: I push the car more now to hear the 'wooshkaa!' of the intake and the barking exhaust. Especially driving past concrete walls and in tunnels

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post

But as others have said above: I push the car more now to hear the 'wooshkaa!' of the intake and the barking exhaust. Especially driving past concrete walls and in tunnels
    Don't get me started on Tunnels lol i believe my economy goes from a possible 9 to a 11l/100km from 1 or 10 tunnel trips lol :P
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Damn you people and your loud exhausts.

Oh the woes of being a Uni student, can't afford SH*T.

Looking forward to that tax return, gonna get me that downpipe that's been hounding my dreams. (You know you're car crazy when....)

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post

You kid you.....

Sounds better in a V8
    * Did I say that aloud * Damn

Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

My trip computer says I have got a 9.9/100 since I have owned the car and I have a SRI.

On the freeway I have extracted 550+ before. Normally get about 420ish.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    You kid you.....

Sounds better in a V8
    * Did I say that aloud * Damn

Yeah...

Good thing you're in Darwin Rino...

11. Default

Fuel econmy stays the same to be honest. its all about how hard u drive really, just dont hit boost all the time...

Previous owner had an average of 8.2/100km, I didnt have it that long before I put on a TIP and SRI but my current average is 7.8/100km. She claimed to do a lot of highway driving, but I do too??