User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boost Guage into MPS 6 Air vent

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Looks as good as mine

Not too hard is it
    Still took nearly 5 hours, hence the ridiculous time of posting the pics

Hardest part was getting the boost line through the firewall. I have about a dozen cuts on my hands and arm. Otherwise, really straight forward.

I was reading it last night about 9pm and thought you had just posted it that night lol (I was thinking 1.5 hours I sure did take my time... )

I tried for ages to get it through the firewall where the wires go through behind the battery, I gave up and just drilled it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gauge 2.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	7240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gauge 1.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	7239
    This is What i have choosen to do i found these for sale in NZ the Gauges are 52mm and easy to replace just a matter or measuring and lining up new gauges on the metal bracket and re-drilling holes. ill post when i get them in my mps 6 for those that dont know they were a jdm option from mazda the standard gauge dont do it for me so i was thinking some defi's for that blacked out look

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gauge 2.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	7240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gauge 1.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	7239
    This is What i have choosen to do i found these for sale in NZ the Gauges are 52mm and easy to replace just a matter or measuring and lining up new gauges on the metal bracket and re-drilling holes. ill post when i get them in my mps 6 for those that dont know they were a jdm option from mazda the standard gauge dont do it for me so i was thinking some defi's for that blacked out look

Do you mean that the 3 gauges pod were an JDM option from Mazda? Is it available for sale by Mazda still?

Have you consider Blitz? Top notch gauges!
    Addicted to Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Do you mean that the 3 gauges pod were an JDM option from Mazda? Is it available for sale by Mazda still?

Have you consider Blitz? Top notch gauges!

Yeah japan got lots of things the rest of the world didn't
    this is the link to the gauges that i got, where you can buy from japanparts.com but they not cheap coverted to Aud they are around 1700.
    but i say just keep a eye on www.trademe.co.nz cause they get all the imports
    like atenza and axelas from japan they often come with goodies in them that people sometimes but up on trademe. i got lucky with the gauges i won them for 100nzd so less in aud

japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE

i was probing round my mps for sometime today and discovered there is a rubber grommet just under where the bonnet cable goes through up inside the wheel arch splash gaurds thats where im going to run mine, as i dont have to drill a hole in fire wall there is also 2 on the passenger mazda claims is above the bcm (body control moduel somewhere when you install a genuine alarm system. there is one there for you to route the siren wiring through, i dont doubt mazda's claim it's there i just couldn't find it and i found one further up and closer to the firewall. removing the splash gaurd and sticking hand right up you will feel a small rubber grommet.
    Last edited by Supereunos; 06-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Yes I installed the factory alarm 6 months ago and the instructions told me about that gap above the BCM and it was there and worked a treat.
    I installed the Boost gauge to the middle vent a few months before the alarm and drilled through the firewall in the end.

Arh k Yeah they weren't to generous in giving us lots of plugged up holes in the fire wall, i look at the one with the main engine loom and it seemed to hard to try so i know where you are coming from. With your alarm do you find sometimes when you disarm it it doesn't disarm the siren but unlocks the doors? i found when i installed the siren where mazda said it was to close to the interooler cover and after a while with the motor rocking like they do a bit under load started to wear a chunk in the plastic on the siren.
    so i moved it across to the next stud and put some washers behind so it would sit flush as the firewall is pressed in around there. it worked though
    Last edited by Supereunos; 06-02-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Finally got my Blitz gauge today and it looks so good!

Does anyone know where I can get this install at? I'm not really smart when it comes to wiring.
    I want to mount this in the centre vent.

Thanks!

(Sorry for thread jack!)

Autobarn Noarlunga, Adelaide lol. I will do it

What size is the gauge? I'll try and give some tips!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Arh k Yeah they weren't to generous in giving us lots of plugged up holes in the fire wall, i look at the one with the main engine loom and it seemed to hard to try so i know where you are coming from. With your alarm do you find sometimes when you disarm it it doesn't disarm the siren but unlocks the doors? i found when i installed the siren where mazda said it was to close to the interooler cover and after a while with the motor rocking like they do a bit under load started to wear a chunk in the plastic on the siren.
    so i moved it across to the next stud and put some washers behind so it would sit flush as the firewall is pressed in around there. it worked though
    Yes sometimes it does unlock with out disarming the siren, pretty annoying!!! I installed the alarm with the factory splice clips and I think sometime the signal gets missed through the connection. I will get around to soldering the connections someday lol, hopefully that stops it

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Autobarn Noarlunga, Adelaide lol. I will do it

What size is the gauge? I'll try and give some tips!
    Hey Mark!

Don't tempt me to drive my car to SA for installation! lol!

I got the the 60mm Blitz boost gauge - BLITZ POWER SITE / RACING METER SD
    Addicted to Boost.

Don't tempt me to drive my car to SA for installation! lol!
    Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip... :P

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    Stupid question, but are all the position of the screws etc similar to the left hand drive as in the instructions?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Stupid question, but are all the position of the screws etc similar to the left hand drive as in the instructions?
    Cheers
    Ye mate all the same.

i actually used that exact walk through and its very good. (except i put mine in the middle vent)

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Ye mate all the same.

i actually used that exact walk through and its very good. (except i put mine in the middle vent)
    Hey rayd,

According the installation guide on the Mazda 6 forum, there are more room for error if installing in the middle vent. Did you encounter such issues? What size gauge did you get? 52 or 60?
    Honestly, I still do not 100% understand how the DVD case works as the mount. Does it clip onto something? Or its where the double-sided tape sit and get tape onto 'something'?

I'm such a noob where it comes to wirings!
    Addicted to Boost.

Hey rayd,

According the installation guide on the Mazda 6 forum, there are more room for error if installing in the middle vent. Did you encounter such issues? What size gauge did you get? 52 or 60?
    Honestly, I still do not 100% understand how the DVD case works as the mount. Does it clip onto something? Or its where the double-sided tape sit and get tape onto 'something'?

I'm such a noob where it comes to wirings!

Cant see why the middle vent would be harder... they all mount the same way, i used a 60mm gauge, and honestly if i had to do it again i wouldnt even use the DVD case, the 60mm gauge fills out the vent pretty much completely, and yer its pretty much a double sided tape job.

heres mine:

I used a 60mm gauge too, I would still use the dvd case if I had to do it again as it does cover a 2mm gap around edge in mine.

It would make no difference really what vent you used, once you get the facia/vents off it really starts to make a lot of sense.
    You may find that using the larger gauge like myself and rayd you might need to grind the in side of the vent away to get the gauge in.

Good luck, getting through the fire wall was the hard (time consuming) part for me, I ended up drilling a small hole....

The DVD case thing does not need double sided tape to hold it there. Once the fascia is out you will see that the backing for the vents themselves screws into the fascia from the back. I cut the DVD case such that when the vents were screwed back in, this held the DVD case in place and therefore holds the gauge in place. The only time the gauge moves is when some bastard tries to poke it to see if it moves. In such as case they lose their fingers.

I used it just for completeness so there is no gap at all and it saved me pissing around with double sided tape.

I see pm me if you get round to doing it and let me know if that fixes and ill be sure to do the same.

Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Cant see why the middle vent would be harder... they all mount the same way, i used a 60mm gauge, and honestly if i had to do it again i wouldnt even use the DVD case, the 60mm gauge fills out the vent pretty much completely, and yer its pretty much a double sided tape job.

heres mine:

I got myself a 60mm Prosport gauge too, So i'm looking to get as much info on installing that particular one as possible.
    I see you got a little sun visor on top of yours. Did you use the mount that came with the gauge? Did you get a lot of glare before installing it, or you just installed it at the same time with gauge?
    If your gauge is an electric one, where did you install the "sender"? And where did you cut the vacuum line?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast