User Tag List

Thread: dropping the rear subframe

Default dropping the rear subframe

found this little gem whilst looking for DIY write up for install of rear diff mounts:

Mazdaspeed6 Rear subframe removal step by step.. - NEMotorSport Forums

now if only someone on this forum has the mazda 6 mps workshop manual, we'll all be able to drop the subframe and retorque the rear end.

Great information and thanks for the post

Re the workshop manual..

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...p-manuals.html

For future reference its under tech talk in the stickies section http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-talk/
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Great information and thanks for the post

Re the workshop manual..

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...p-manuals.html

For future reference its under tech talk in the stickies section Tech Talk
    That's only a technical manual. I've got a Mazda 6 Workshop manual and parts of the Mazdaspeed6 Workshop Manual, which I will endeavour to download the rest and post up soon. It's in the VIP section of MSF
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

that would be lovely! i have my mounts on order from the US - so this plus the technical workshop manual will make life alot easier (and cheaper).

it's one thing to undo a bolt, it's another thing putting it back in properly!

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    found this little gem whilst looking for DIY write up for install of rear diff mounts:

Mazdaspeed6 Rear subframe removal step by step.. - NEMotorSport Forums

now if only someone on this forum has the mazda 6 mps workshop manual, we'll all be able to drop the subframe and retorque the rear end.
    I know this is resurrecting an old thread but has anyone done this for the 6? I am contemplating doing it once I have all the parts I plan on installing next - shocks, springs, rear swaybar and both diff mounts. Anyone have any advice for/against for doing it at home on jack stands??? I'm pretty keen to save the money rather than fork out for a shop to do it for me.

Cheers

I didn't do this to install the rear diff mounts this weekend - used 4 x jack stands, 2 x jacks and lying on my back for 6+ hours on cardboard with an array of tools did the trick.

Reading the instructions, it seems pretty straight forward, but you probably need two jacks to line the sub frame back into the mounts, part thread the subframe bolts back on, then use one jack to mount the control arms back in place + an extra set of hands to help you maneuver stuff whilst you uninstall/install. You'll also definitely need a wheel alignment after its done. I didnt want to drop the subframe as I was doing the job by myself, and wasn't too confident on having something that big out of the car without an extra pair of hands.

I don't see anything wrong with doing this at home using jack stands only, however there are some post that I have read, where they have only dropped the subframe half way, whilst resting on the mount bolts and a jack at the subframe, to get access to the diff mount and shock mount bolts .