User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CPE 60duro rear engine mount installed (rough install guide and impressions)

Thanks guy's.

Glad these don't cause many problems, thats awesome that they even tightened up the bolts. Thats a supprise and a half!
    Ill probably get one of these ordered from MPS garage soon then. Sick of the engine jumping around all the time.

Cheers

thanks for the write up
    think i might get the 60 too.

dont think i can cope with the 75 during my daily trips on the m5

The 75 is fine on the freeway. It's only noticeable taking off for a second.

Wouldnt be too ideal in peak hour right?

I just drove for almost 2 hrs in peak traffic. From one side of Sydney to the other.
    It's not that bad. But if your worried go with the 60.
    It definately cleans the shifts up. I use to miss 2nd to 3rd often. Haven't missed it once in 2000kms since I put the 75 in.

thanks for that mate.
    yeh just a bit worried in the summer when the air cons on and im clutching in and out 1st n 2nd for 50km in the mornings

I'm with Cton, hardly notice the vibes, unless you're in peak hour - car park style traffic.

On the hwy at speed, all good!

NB. Cton, do you sometimes get syncro-smash in 2nd? Ie a lil notchy/crunch? Leelu has mentioned she sometimes gets it in 2nd, time to time I do (more so when cold....) How about you?

I don't recall having too many issues shifting after the engine mount. Cant remember cause soon after I installed the J Barone short shift plate. I do have issues downshifting into 2nd (grinds) and also shifting up into 5th with the shift plate. Might need to make adjustments as mentioned on his website.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Thanks mech

I live near the ACT so there are 2 mazda dealerships i think. Ill just see if they make a point of my shift plate at next service and take it from there. I've become a regular at the warranty service section so i hope they don't hate me too much yet.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.
    If anyone has experience with dealerships in the ACT, please do share
    Laclhlan I take mine to Slaven Mazda, we take both our cars there and they have always been excellent. They dont say anything about our mods and still continure to fix creaks and rattles and other warranty work on our MX5 after nearly everything has been modded on it... I recommend them

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

has anyone with a 6 put after market engine mounts in ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    [/COLOR]has anyone with a 6 put after market engine mounts in ?

Yeah I had the SU mount for a while but the vibes were unbearable. Holding the steering wheel was like holding a jack hammer, same with the pedals.

I'm still keen to do something to improve the gear shift so I've decided to experiment with rebuilding the stock mount using various polyurethane compounds until I find the right hardness for my car. If you're willing to do a bit of work you can convert your stock mount into a polyurethane engine mount for around $25 or a polyurethane workshop can do a custom job for under a hundred bucks.

Gone to Volvo

11. Default

Thanks Mal, apparently one of mine is failed and Im just wondering thr right path to go down to get it fixed, I dont want vibrations at all

Which mount Mel?

13. Default

not sure ... is a bit weird actually I mentioned my thump noise to MRt when they were installing my rear sway bar, they told me a mount has failed but didnt have time to say which one wouldnt they have to see it to say which one ? anyway so I know have to take it to a local guy to determine which one

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Laclhlan I take mine to Slaven Mazda, we take both our cars there and they have always been excellent. They dont say anything about our mods and still continure to fix creaks and rattles and other warranty work on our MX5 after nearly everything has been modded on it... I recommend them[COLOR="Silver"]
    Wow, thats good news. Glad there are a few good dealerships still out there. If Rolfe have any problems with it, ill take it to slaven. Cheers
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Installed CPE 60 today approx 1 hr from start to stop.
    Will advise thoughts after some drive time.
    Only drama,quality control from CPE is disheartening. Sealed bag ,but no 13mm S/S nut.

16. Default

Hi all,

Had my 75duro installed yesterday and yes gear change is feeling better, yes the NVH is there (not too much of a big deal)...... But I still getting that FREAKING knocking noise!

I am rattling my brain trying to figure out what could the knocking noise be. I wouldn't think that it could be shocks as they have been changed 3 time under warranty. We have gone through with a spanner on all sway bars and links.

Has anyone had this issue either?

I dont get a knocking noise after the install, but still get creaking. Try opening the bonnet but still latched to see if it still knocks. at least that way you will rule out (to a certain extent) that something is hitting the bonnet. besides that, could be the intake otherwise suspension.

what car do you have and how many km? was reading that the MPS 6 have ball joint issues where the rubber has broken apart... but yea make a new thread if you want to discuss further, kinda getting off topic

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I would strongly recommend that you re-torque everything with a torque wrench (if you can get your hands on one), this will help prevent some of the vibration associated with after-market mounts, and will ensure the life of the rubber insert, also the tightening sequence of the bolts is critical too.
    updated my impressions (third impressions) as well as installation procedure. the quote above is the absolute truth. If anyone in brisbane requires one, feel free to contact me

Just ordered a 75 duro one from MPS Garage. Hopefully it arrives before next Saturday cos im getting the 30,000 klm service done at my mates garage.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Hi Denis. Just ordered a 75 duro one from MPS Garage. Hopefully it arrives before next Saturday cos im getting the 30,000 klm service done at my mates garage.

Glad that the propper torque makes a difference - just bought a wrench for $80 bucks to install my mount. lol
    Did people use locktite or just torque it properly? I know lup15 said they tightened his at a service, so has anyone else had any real issues with bolts coming loose over time?
    Can't wait to get it installed this weekend

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast