User Tag List

Thread: How do you clear CEL codes?

Default How do you clear CEL codes?

Hi folks,

just wondering how to clear a CEL code from my 09 MPS...

I managed to get the CEL to go out by disconnecting the battery for about 10-15 minutes. Which on my previous car also ment the codes were cleared for when a diag tool was plugged in...

Can anyone confirm if doing this will clear all memory or just the CEL itself?

Thanks

front automatic window wont be auto anymore (hold the button down for a 5-10secs while window is all the way down, then hold it up to the top and again hold for 5-10secs then its back on auto) and stereo settings/radio channels of course will be gone.

yup my radio stations and time and all pre-sets are gone, as well as my trip meter and so on... so this should mean that the CEL code i got should be gone too?

yes, the CEL light will be gone, but usually does return so either take it to Mazda for them to check hopefully if still under warranty then you've got no worries or see if you can get someone with a DH to view the CEL code and google it

did you put in a mod recently? or it just apppeared?

put an 100% atmo BOV in and blocked the recirc hose, from what i read (after doing it unfortunately) that pulls an error... put it back to factory and reset computer, so the cause of the code is gone. I'll just get a cobb intake for it rather then the bov...

Just didn't want mazda to know it had faulted due to a mod, if you know what i mean. hehe