User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure REM install

Default Sure REM install

Can someone lead me to the DIY install of the sure rem and the anchors. I'm having trouble finding it with this stupid tapatalk app thanks

Mazda3 Motor Mount Removal - YouTube <-- give you an idea how to do the REM

I have a video on youtube. I linked it somewhere around here a while ago.

Cheers guys I'll be doing it this weekend just wanna make sure I do it right the first time

Thanks naasif I need that detailed info .... Lol @ reedy love the song mate

Another question you know how they say that the sure motorsports sign should be facing the passenger..... Because our cars are right hand drive does that mean the sign will be upside down for us ?

No it faces the driver in our cars.

No, the sign should face the driver's side in our cars (Australian right hand drive). It should still read correctly and not upside down. (unless my mechanic put it in wrong ).

Here is a underneath pic of my car..excuse the black bits in the image. I took it on a mobile phone and then had to rotate the image. You can just see the passenger wheel in the bottom right of the pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surerem1.jpg 
Views:	1136 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	9346
    Last edited by naasif; 11-08-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Thanks alot guys much appreciated also I got the counter shift weight can you guys send me some links for that also

Here try this video - 2008.5 MazdaSpeed 3 GT: SURE MotorSports Counter Shift Weight Install

and/or these instructions as well - http://www.mazdaspeed-3.com/2010/08/...ement-for-ms3/

If you have a stock air box it might be a pain to get it out before you try and install the shifter weight, but if you have an SRI finding the weight is very simple and easy to remove.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Atm I have the stock air box with massive holes in it  so ill have to take out the air box?

Oh ye I seen the pics it's pretty much under the stock air box thanks for the links mate 

No probs...you'll love the SURE REM. It gives the MPS a real solid feel, right from startup, through the pedals and steering wheel

You're right about that mate my old rem rubber was ripped in pieces also I got another question as I was installing the sure rem I noticed that the brackets rubber (were the 65 lb bolt goes through) is on it's way out I asked my mechanic he that the rubber is pressed into the bracket if that's true does that mean I have to get a new bracket or can I just get the rubber fitting and put it in myself

I've been incorrectly assuming you were planning to install a new SURE REM. Is this a used part hence the warn out rubber bits ?

Also, do you mean this ? (with the red arrow). I'd be contacting SURE directly to see if they sell replacement bracket rubber bits. Try emailing info@suremotorsports.com.

Name:	surerem.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	9359

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    I've been incorrectly assuming you were planning to install a new SURE REM. Is this a used part hence the warn out rubber bits ?

Also, do you mean this ? (with the red arrow). I'd be contacting SURE directly to see if they sell replacement bracket rubber bits. Try emailing info@suremotorsports.com.

I believe he is talking about the bracket that the REM connects to via the bolt that goes where you have put the arrow on your photo. Cheers
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

You're right Jnt it's not the rubber on the sure rem but it's the rubber on the bracket that connects the rem to the bracket and the sure rem is brand new cheers guys I need to change that rubber

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post

You've been assuming right I did install a brand new sure rem I'm talking about the rubber on the bracket cheers 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast