User Tag List

Thread: Finally Painted my Brake Callipers

Default Finally Painted my Brake Callipers

So I finally did it, Have had the G2 Calliper paint since Dec last year so the other weekend I gave it a go.

The product is great, I ended up using a different brush than the one supplied as everyone on all the forums says its best to get a better quality brush. then wacked on some decals. Overall not perfect but I am really pleased with the results, Goes nice with the new wheels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-07 16.50.13.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	8178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-07 16.01.51.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	8179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-07 17.30.12.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	8180

Great job man looks neat!

Looks pretty good to me mate. I've had caliper paint for months and just haven't had the time. Rims are nice too good choice. What are they?

Calipers look great

Top job jnt! They look awesome behind the Advan's and the decals are a nice touch

Thanks, with the calliper paint I was starting to worry that the hardener would become hard before I got around to using it cause they say on the packet something about the hardener only lasting for 6 months from date of manufacture, so I bit the bullet and spent a weekend doing it. The rims are Advan RS-D in 19 x 8.5 +45 cheers

very nice job
    just need some slotted rotors now

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    very nice job
    just need some slotted rotors now
    Thanks, with regards to slotted rotors I hear you they look great, tried to get in on the DBA sale but missed out, they were sold out, so will have to save some more.

looks great - like the rims too - dam hard to find 19" rims with the proper offset for the MPS - well done.
    How long did it take to paint the brakes?

Lookin good mate! Bet your happy you finally got around to doing it

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    looks great - like the rims too - dam hard to find 19" rims with the proper offset for the MPS - well done.
    How long did it take to paint the brakes?
    Thanks Wal, To paint the calipers it took the best part of a full day for me but I did it over a weekend to ensure that everything would go smooth. On the Friday evening I jacked the car up put it on stands and then took the calipers apart to the point you would when you are changing pads, removed the pads & gave the calipers a good cleaning then hung the calipers with coat hangers of the springs so it would be easy to paint both parts of the caliper.

Then on the Saturday I did the painting took about 3 hrs to give them all 3 coats of the G2 paint

Then on Sunday I put the pads back in and calipers back together and wheels back on. probably all up took about 8 hrs for this novice