User Tag List

Thread: Quick weight saving mod for the track...

Default Quick weight saving mod for the track...

I thought i would post up a few quick pics of the wheels n tyres i will be running at the track to help me in reaching my goal. A pair of 15x4 weld Magnum Pro's. These are mega light, i mean MEEEGA light, even with the tyres. Should have no problems with clearance

I tried a set of Honda Accord Euro 16's on the front, fit up ok, would need to machine out the hub section a little as it was smaller than the stock rims, but did clear the brakes fine. Offset will not suit the slicks i want to run, so im going to look inot some AU falcon rims with a better offset to suit.

Anyway, here are the pics. Would be funny runnin these on the front hey....

I hope by track you mean the strip... stuff that for around the track HAHA

Yeah, meant for the drags, prob should have clarified that lol...

Jeebus, you're serious aren't you? =O

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Jeebus, you're serious aren't you? =O
    Well they are there to use so why not. Less weight in the car means quicker times without having to push the engine. If all goes well and i hit the target im after i will be racing at the local Sports compact events with the car this year, will prob strip the front & rear seats out of it also and run my Kirky alloy seat in it which will mean a hell of a weight saving again.

Blog Entries

Yeah definetly strip the interior if you are looking at weight reduction the rear seat alone is heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Yeah definetly strip the interior if you are looking at weight reduction the rear seat alone is heavy!
    Have you had it out before? Any guesses on how much it would weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by racebitz View Post
    Well they are there to use so why not. Less weight in the car means quicker times without having to push the engine. If all goes well and i hit the target im after i will be racing at the local Sports compact events with the car this year, will prob strip the front & rear seats out of it also and run my Kirky alloy seat in it which will mean a hell of a weight saving again.
    Have fun trying to beat my mates.....
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

Yeah, meant for the drags, prob should have clarified that lol...
    Have you run it at the drags yet? What times have you got? I ran mine in early Feb. (Check the forum under "on the track" etc.) I'd be keen to see someone elses runs down the qtr. In Oz of course. Got any vids?
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Blog Entries

Have you had it out before? Any guesses on how much it would weigh?
    I don't know exact weight but I know it took myself and a mate to lift it out and I know the front seats aren't too light either.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

The seats weigh a bloody tonne. Especially if you've got the Phat pack.

Quote Originally Posted by VGP View Post
    Have fun trying to beat my mates.....
    Who and what are we talking about here? I have a personal goal set for this car, not really racing anyone by myself, just having some fun really.

Any details of this "Mates Car"?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Have you run it at the drags yet? What times have you got? I ran mine in early Feb. (Check the forum under "on the track" etc.) I'd be keen to see someone elses runs down the qtr. In Oz of course. Got any vids?

I have only run the car stock and managed 14.1@101mph. Only ****ty vids on phone.