User Tag List

Thread: Just picked up a full set of Falken FK452

Default Just picked up a full set of Falken FK452

I was planning on getting new tyres last night, but on the way home I got a puncture in one of them so my plans were brought forward a bit...

So I had Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins on which lasted around 40K Kms. I was going to get these again but after reading other posts on here and the net which said that Bridgestone tyres were horrible - Not that I had any problems at all, I thought they were brilliant - I decided I would try something different.

After 2 hours researching tyres on the net last night to short list and then a recomendation from the guy a Bob Jane, I picked up a full set of FK452 in 225/40R18 which were $292 a corner - didnt shop around so probably not the best price in the world but I was ok with it. Anything under $1500 I was going to be happy with.

You'll get all the FK452 haters coming out now berating you for your purchase! I don't get the hate for them, I've run plenty of different kinds of high performance tyres on many cars and the FK452s have been fine.

Mine are coming off in the next month after 42000km of service, got them down to the wear markers on all four, but still nice even tread.

They'll be greasy for the first 1000km or so, and settle down after that. Have a play with the pressures and see what works for you. I found F37/R35 to be the sweet spot on my car for these tyres.

They won't be as good as the RE001s you had on there, but they're still pretty reasonable.

Cheers, great post.. It was obvious in the first 5 minutes of looking at what tyres to get that noone can agree on an overall good tyre - nor should they as we all drive differently.
    For me I needed a tyre that would keep me on the road wet or dry but more importantly - longevity. I did 40,000Ks this last 12 months, so I didn't want a tyre that will make me go around corners fast but I would have to spend twice the price for - not how I roll.

But yeah I did notice they were a fraction greasy when I gave it a few sharp bursts here and there, but so far the first 100ks I did today seems not a whole lot of noticeable difference.

Personally I think the FK452 is a pretty good tyre.

It is a bit more sensitive to car type and pressure than some tyres, as I have noticed from some very mixed reviews on it.

At the end of the day youre completely right, will come down to the type of driving you do, and what sort of behaviour you like from a tyre.

::Thumbsdown::

I've done about 10K kms in these now and wouldnt buy them again.
    They're loud at low and high speeds. Unimpressive grip in the wet, can easily spin in the first 3 gears (Which the RE001s never did). Seems to hold pretty good in the corners though.

I just hope they last, I dont want to have to replace tyres more then once a year so if they get to 40,000 then I will forgive them for their faults :P

Quote Originally Posted by ZedN View Post
    ::Thumbsdown::

I've done about 10K kms in these now and wouldnt buy them again.
    They're loud at low and high speeds. Unimpressive grip in the wet, can easily spin in the first 3 gears (Which the RE001s never did). Seems to hold pretty good in the corners though.

I just hope they last, I dont want to have to replace tyres more then once a year so if they get to 40,000 then I will forgive them for their faults :P
    Good luck Jamie, I got 27,000k's out of mine and they were shot....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.