User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wat tyre would you recomdend

Default wat tyre would you recomdend

i do a lot of mountain runs mt nebo and glorious etc wat tyre woulld u recomond for that type of driving need a grippy tyre but aslo some thing that is good for wear to

Toyo. Is sticky as for me...

Don't use Falken FK452 Rowan....
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...highlight=tyre

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Rowan I just added a link... I'm still a Bridgestone through and through, some disagree but I have run some powerfull V8's through Mt Nebo & Mt Glorious my 2 bob worth..

rich -> AD08
    poor -> KU36

Quote Originally Posted by rowan6012 View Post
    i do a lot of mountain runs mt nebo and glorious etc wat tyre woulld u recomond for that type of driving need a grippy tyre but aslo some thing that is good for wear to
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will only get one those two options.

I have been doing alot research on tyres over the last few days and it has come down to a choice of three things;

Grip = bad wear rating
    Wear = less grip
    Money = whether I go for grip or wear in the tyre I choose lol
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will only get one those two options.

I have been doing alot research on tyres over the last few days and it has come down to a choice of three things;

Grip = bad wear rating
    Wear = less grip
    Money = whether I go for grip or wear in the tyre I choose lol
    So True Jase ( I didn't read the question properly) soft compound tyres just don't have the life,but in saying that if your lines a good you still can get 25,000k's + out of them. I here of some guys getting 15,000 to 20,000k's out of their tyres I just wonder if burnouts a factor or they spend most of the 15,000k's driving flat stick around corners ????????

I can fully recommend YOKAHAMA ADVAN S DRIVE BRILLIANT IN THE WET OR THE DRY QUITE ,NO TRAM LINEING I RATE THEM 9.5 /10 20K 225 FRONT 70K 245 REAR It is worth remembering if you are a serious driver the only thing between you & the road are the tyres you have chosen , usually you get what you pay for .!!!!!!

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

good ol nebo and glorious. I go up there too I've got the kumho KU36 225/45 holds up well up there. Haven't had a chance to really push them in the wet. The stock suspension is really letting down the handling atm. So until i get the shocks changed, I dont think Im pushing the tyres to their limits

where bouts bris are you?

I'm with "You Lose", i have yokies as well and they brilliant, a bit pricey but well worth it for a great tyre

from narangba man i do a nebo run at least once a week

Also agree with Col and Robbo - the Advan S Drives are an awesome tyre in wet or dry and well worth it if you can afford them. So far have done just on 10,000k on the S Drives and they are so good on the twisty mountain roads around Cairns and Tablelands.

where bouts bris are you?[/QUOTE] LUP15

If the question was at me I'm at Everton Hills ????
    Last edited by 240MPS; 19-11-2010 at 07:30 AM.

An interesting option that I have heard about lately is the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo.

Supposed to be a very good tyre and it even has a 280 wear rating.

I'd personally go with the Bridgestone Adrenalins, Kumho KU36s or a set of Advans.

I've also heard real good things about the S Drives and Toyos.

Stay away from the Falkens, Sumitomos, Nankangs, Nexcens (or how ever they're called)

Japanese Tyres seem to be the shiznitz now days....

yeah was for you man

Well it looks like I'm only going to get another 2000 to 5000k's out of my FK452 Falkens, we can't work it out why the inside edges have worn and we think it's from a lot of track use because the alignment is perfect and it's had 3 alignments in 25,000k's because I like to make sure everything is in order maybe an overkill .. So it looks like tyre shopping is on the cards for me too.....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    . So it looks like tyre shopping is on the cards for me too.....
    Retail therapy - good for the soul.

Im very hard on tyres where i live lots of twisty corners and i tend to use tyres up pushing the throttle. back tyres last me for ages fronts last 10-15k's.. the best tyre i have had are the toyo T1's very sticky but will wear quick

one of my mates used to work for Toyo and he swears by the T1's, all he uses, as Luke said sticky but quick wearing, like any good tyre

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    I'd personally go with the Bridgestone Adrenalins, Kumho KU36s or a set of Advans.

I've also heard real good things about the S Drives and Toyos.

Stay away from the Falkens, Sumitomos, Nankangs, Nexcens (or how ever they're called)

Japanese Tyres seem to be the shiznitz now days....
    Sumitomos are Japanese made, if you actually knew what you were talking about you wouldn't be bagging them.
    I also sell a shit load of Falkens and they provide excellent value for money

Im currently trying out a set of Hankook K107s, which is the top of the range Hankook and they are brilliant as well.
    Last edited by TBDM; 20-11-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast