Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Brand: Dunlop
    Model:SP Maxx
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $200
    Bought from: Sydney :P
    Size:235 40 18
    Value /10: 9/10 at $200
    Performance /10: 8/10
    Likes: GREAT lateral grip, predictable, tyre works well when pushed / hot, when you loose grip you can feel them fighting to get it back, comunicates well with you when your on the limit.
    Dislikes: started to get slippery when change time cant think of anything else
    Wear: Wear is great the best i got out of tyres 15000-17000ks

Brand: Pirelli Pzero
    Model: Nero
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $850
    Bought from: Sydney
    Size: 235 40 18
    Value /10: 10/10
    Performance /10: 9/10
    Likes: Good grip off the line and braking, soft side walls for comfort, quiet
    Dislikes: less grip in corner compared to the Dunlop sp maxx, pirellis feel like you driving on cheese cutters
    Wear: early days

Pirellis are about the same price as the Dunlops, i would buy the Dunlops over these. The Pirelli's squeal when pushed in a corner and roll on my 18x8.5 rims, i ran 35psi front and 30psi rear with Dunlops the pirelli im running closer to 40psi front and rear they still roll!!.. One thing the pirelli's do very well is off the line grip I can't get the traction light to come on in second with 215kwatfw 420nm all others i can rip them to pieces!!

Update! Pirellis Much less understeer, rear steps out nicely in corners which helps me get onto the power earlier running 35psi front and 38psi rear. Just had to learn the difference between the Dunlops and pirellis once i did im loving these Pirellis now Front end grip greatly increased in wet and dry (have not tryed hard braking yet)

Not liking the Pirelli as they wear im changing my mind, they dont like getting hot they loose grip in corners! If i knew what i did now i'd get the Dunlops.. Dunlops hld grip till almost worn out and work hot.. Next tyres will be Dunlops again prob the RT's 235 40 18.. If you like power off the line get the Pirellis
    Pirellis Pzero Nero are a great tyre for the cash over all. As they wear -50% they lack power and braking grip, lateral grip stays strong! For the price I paid a great tyre.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    Brand:Kinforest

Model:Cf550

Price (fitted/unfitted):$100 fitted corner

Bought from:Tyre Barn Clayton

Size: 225/45/18

Value /10: 8

Performance /10:8

Likes:Sticks well in dry n wet ,absolutely bang for buck n pretty quiet

Dislikes: none
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

can someone add kin forest to tyre poll. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Pic looks like its got Fmic.. performance holding on a modded MPS
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Brand: Yokohama
    Model: S-Drives
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $750 + 2 Pizzas for fitting
    Bought from: Tirerack
    Size: 225/40/18
    Likes: Excellent grip in dry, good in the wet also. Always knew how much grip was left before they were close to their limit.
    Dislikes: Increased tyre noise as they wore..
    Wear: Lasted for 42,000kms (Rotated back to front every 10,000ks and tyres swapped on rims after 25000k), so wear is pretty good and they were not babied at all..

Got some Hankook S1evo2 fitted today at Wheel and Tyre Solutions in Brendale. Went 1 size up (235/40/18) on stock rim and i will post my thoughts on these as they wear..

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    Brand: Yokohama
    Model: S-Drives
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $750 + 2 Pizzas for fitting
    Bought from: Tirerack
    Likes: Excellent grip in dry, good in the wet also. Always knew how much grip was left before they were close to their limit.
    Dislikes: Increased tyre noise as they wore..
    Wear: Lasted for 42,000kms (Rotated back to front every 10,000ks and tyres swapped on rims after 25000k), so wear is pretty good and they were not babied at all..

Got some Hankook S1evo2 fitted today at Wheel and Tyre Solutions in Brendale. Went 1 size up (235/40/18) on stock rim and i will post my thoughts on these as they wear..
    You forgot the mention the pizzas price
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

@Mr.Harry, update on the kinforest? haha

You forgot the mention the pizzas price
    2 Large pizzas... All up with extra toppings - $18.50..

I also offered beer, but they wanted Coke, which i ultimately refused to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    @Mr.Harry, update on the kinforest? haha
    Too soon brah, il report back after 50000ks when tyres are little wore down
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Too soon brah, il report back after 50000ks when tyres are little wore down
    They would have burnt down the whole daintree by then!

On topic!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Just changed from Pirelli P Zero Neros to Hankook Ventus Evo 2 so thought I'd write my review on the Pirelli's

Brand: Pirelli
    Model: P Zero Neros
    Price (fitted/unfitted): 960 fitted and wheel alignment.
    Bought from: Payless Tyres Chatswood
    Size: stock rims 215/45/18
    Value /10: 7/10 thought they were a bit pricey at the time
    Performance /10: 8/10 for first half of life then they deteriorated badly and would have to be a 4/10 for their last half of life. Grip dramatically got reduced as well as visual wear. Wet weather grip was never great.
    Dislikes: 2nd half of life sucks, wear very fast, tyre performance rapidly deteriorated. Never really good in wet weather
    Wear: 16000ks. Drive pretty mean 24/7.. Rotated every 2500ks

Done under 100ks on Hankooks but these are blowing the Pirelli's away already. The initial grip I thought was good on Pirelli's is nothing compared to these. One corner in particular I could never do more than 90 through. With these and not even a good line I touched 100 through the corner. $750 + fitting for Hankooks but apparently these are due to be replaced soon with a different model from a Hankook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Just changed from Pirelli P Zero Neros to Hankook Ventus Evo 2 so thought I'd write my review on the Pirelli's

Brand: Pirelli
    Model: P Zero Neros
    Price (fitted/unfitted): 960 fitted and wheel alignment.
    Bought from: Payless Tyres Chatswood
    Size: stock rims 215/45/18
    Value /10: 7/10 thought they were a bit pricey at the time
    Performance /10: 8/10 for first half of life then they deteriorated badly and would have to be a 4/10 for their last half of life. Grip dramatically got reduced as well as visual wear. Wet weather grip was never great.
    Dislikes: 2nd half of life sucks, wear very fast, tyre performance rapidly deteriorated. Never really good in wet weather
    Wear: 16000ks. Drive pretty mean 24/7.. Rotated every 2500ks

Done under 100ks on Hankooks but these are blowing the Pirelli's away already. The initial grip I thought was good on Pirelli's is nothing compared to these. One corner in particular I could never do more than 90 through. With these and not even a good line I touched 100 through the corner. $750 + fitting for Hankooks but apparently these are due to be replaced soon with a different model from a Hankook.
    I'll jump on your coat tails. +1 for grip, especially from cold. First and second gear I could light up in the 596RSR'S. Today, gave it a boot full, minimal chirping, just hung on. Very happy also.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Bumpski - any new reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Bumpski - any new reviews?
    Waiting on turbo payment, then going super sports

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Waiting on turbo payment, then going super sports
    won't be disappointed with the PSS. The grip on them dry or wet is remarkable and the mileage so far outstanding.

Brand: hankook
    Model: rs3
    Price (fitted/unfitted): 250ea fitted
    Bought from: jax quick fit (end of 2012)
    Size: 235/40/18
    Value /10: 8
    Performance /10: 9
    Dislikes: doesn't like cold and wet...
    Weird hum at 90-110kph
    Wear: got about 15k km out of a set before camber issues took their toll... My fault for not rotating and not fixing alignment after an off at the track...
    Rears were fine, fronts were screwed...
    Would say usually expect 20-25k km
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Brand: yokohama
    Model: advan neova AD08 (2 sets)
    Price (fitted/unfitted): c.$350 fitted
    Bought from: bob jane
    Value /10: 7
    Performance /10: 9
    Likes: awesome grip in the dry, pretty good in the wet, and very responsive. Much better than the stock tyres. Very hard sidewall and a cool footprint pattern when it's wet or through mud.
    Dislikes: bit of noise and firm, but these were expected
    Wear: 20k with lots of highway and aggressive driving - they didn't have a good life

Brand: hankook
    Model: ventus RS3
    Price (fitted/unfitted): 250 fitted
    Bought from: jax quick fit
    Size: 235/40/18
    Value /10: 9
    Performance /10: 7
    Dislikes: wet traction is crap. Not as sharp and responsive as the AD08s. Similar noise. Don't look as cool, more bulgy sidewalls and less funky tread pattern.
    Wear: done 9k so far and they are looking pretty good. Hopefully 25+ (with more city and slow speed than the AD08s)

Next:AD08r

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

bump... get your reviews in...

Brand: Hankook
    Model: Ventus Sport K104 (discontinued for the V12s)
    Price (fitted/unfitted): ~$250ea, came to $999 bought/fitted/balanced in total
    Bought from: West State Tyres Bentley (I think they're a sponsored Hankook dealer? Or were at the time... )
    Size: 245/35ZR18
    Value /10: 10
    Performance /10: 8
    Likes: Really good performance (and longevity) for the price, grips quite well, responsive enough, does well in the wet, no tram-lining, etc.
    Dislikes: Quite noisy at highway and freeway speeds, especially on parts of the freeway that aren't new/smoothed over, most probably due to it being a 35-series tyre. Harsh over speed bumps when going too fast (again, it's a 35-series). Spins a bit on steeper hills without feathering the accelerator, particularly during/after rain. They're not perfectly responsive in sharp turns, leaves me wanting when I really want some extra grip.
    Wear: I've had them for roughly 15,000 km's and, so far, tread wear is very limited from what I can tell. Relatively aggressive and spirited driving mainly on Mitchell and Graham Farmer freeways and the occasional blasts down streets late at night, no days at the track with these tyres yet. Unfortunately my wheels have taken more damage than my rubber due to silly curbs attacking them...

I'm considering swapping out for Ventus V12 Evo's, car had them on the fronts when I bought it, they seemed much, much better than these. Possibly in 255/35ZR18 on 18x8.5, it's closest to OEM dimensions, hopefully there's little muffin-topping, it seems Hankook tyre specs are slightly narrower than average (or is that just me??)
    Last edited by zkowski; 12-08-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    METAL, MOSHING, & MPS MAYHEM
    |
    JBR Stage 2 SRI | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | Ultimate Racing resonated CBE | CS SSP @ 35%; exhaust hanger bushings | Rota DPT "Fighter" matte black 18x8.5 +44 | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/35-series | ScanTool OBDLink LX | TWM "Big Type R" 600gr shift knob | MANY MORE INSTALLS TO COME...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast