User Tag List

Thread: Planning on Switching from H&R Springs back to Standard Springs

Default Planning on Switching from H&R Springs back to Standard Springs

Your Opinions guys are appreciated..

I love the Handling with the Bilstein Shocks and the H&R Springs how sturdy they are...

I dont like the fact they are a progressive spring any who..

The Fact is car is too low and isnt practical for Daily use.. i love the stance

but the jittering is just a little intense for my liking... and the trips i have coming up this winter.. i think comfort is #1 Priority..

What are your opinion(S) on Using Factory Springs with Sportier Shocks.. is it an improvement.. or is the handling identical ? my factory shocks were poop...

does anyone make factory height springs but with a better suited spring rate?

I'd give it a shot. Agreed on the factory shocks being shite, busily trying to replace mine now.

3. Default

How about a good coil over setup.

Mine has been on coils for 3 years and ride height is generally fine although it can be made higher.

Something like the Tein Super Streets with pillowball upper mount can have electronic damper control (EDFC) could be good. You get a box in the cabin that can change the harshness of the ride. I guess it just depends on how soft they can become.
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 08-04-2010 at 07:57 AM.

TBH after a bit of reading about the Tiens i decided against.. not a big fan of twin tube shocks personally..

so went with ye olde bilstein Sports.. big chunky Monotube setups..

So yeah... surely the spring rates on the factory springs arent THAT bad?

5. Default

Eibach? Cobb?

Its the height more than anything thats the issue..

The Stiffness is fantasic... the drop on these was only 1inch / 25mm

so not really indifferent to Cobb or eibach offerings..

7. Default

The distance from the top of my wheel (18’s) to the bottom of the arches is:
    95mm Front
    90mm Rear

My car is being serviced this Monday. I will get them to check if it can be raised up a little higher and so on.

My car is running H&R Coils.

From my research the only springs that are designed to work with the stock shocks are Eibach. I have the Pro-Kit in conjuction with the stock shocks and it's awesome. (I may uprate the shocks down track, but thats a personal choice.) Because of this, I wouldn't add any other third party springs to the stock shocks, because they shocks wont survive and the ride will be on the harsher side. So when you say your shocks were bad, were they at the end of their life, or, were they abd in conjunction with the springs you were running? If the latter than Eibach will be an awesome solution for you.

As for coilovers, if comfort is important to you, you probably should rule this out. Comfort will be sacrified to an extent for superior handling and you'll pay bick bickies for a semi decent brand. If you do go coiloviers, think twice about the EDFC, many people think its a w@nk. Usually once you have your car set up, your'e unlikely to contunually change it. yet the EDFC is roughly $500 for that privlelege. Also, while you can control ride height and damper, the EDFC can only change one from within the car.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.