User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tyres for 3MPS's

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by em-pe-es View Post
    can sum1 here giv me an idea of the best bang 4 buck tyre? sorry for being lazy loll
    Marangoni Mythos
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by plop View Post
    how many k's you get out of them
    I've done about 5k km in them so far and 4-5 club runs at high speed with the twisties. They still look like new. Bridgestone reckon at least 25-30k km under normal conditions, which almost double what i got out of the RE050A's

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaN|aC View Post
    i use rt 615's in my xr5

great dry grip but they can overheat quickly.

ive compared these on the same day to the adrenalins and they shame them
    Need a louder exhaust to drown out the road noise with 615's. I agree, the Adrenalins do shame out the 615's.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I'm really happy with Sumitomo HTRZ-III in 225/45R18, but haven't done any close comparison - comparable to the OEM bridgestones IMO. I've nothing bad to say about them and the price is excellent - you may be able to pick up under $250 ea.

There is a lower cost HTRZ-II as well, they're directional not asymettric, probably would notice some handling differences with them. Bang for buck might not be as good as the III.
    I got the same Sumitomos a few months ago and they seem to be working well. One thing is for sure, they are noticeably quieter. Good value for money.
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

I'm about to order some Kumho Ecsta KU36 semi-slicks in 225/40 R18.

Will let you guys know if / when I get them and what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicky View Post
    I'm about to order some Kumho Ecsta KU36 semi-slicks in 225/40 R18.

Will let you guys know if / when I get them and what I think.
    Sounds good mate, let us know how they go.. From what i have read, they appear to be a good alternative to the RT615's.. What price are they per corner in that size out of interest?

Well Kumho's Australian website quotes $385 per corner but I may have an opportunity to get them quite a bit cheaper ... Will let you guys know whether it materialises or not. The KU36's UTQG rating (180 AA A) is actually slightly higher than the RE050A's as well so I might get some decent mileage out of these semi-slicks. I'm still on the OEM 050A's at 36,000K's so we'll see.

7. Default

Recently got Falken 452 225/45 on my 6MPS. Paid $230 per corner. They are quieter and ride better than my previous Yokohama A Drive 225/40, but the increased wall height has resulted in noticable sidewall flex. When attacking corners with any sort of enthusiasm it feels like the tyres will peel off the rim. Very disappointed. Ive experimented with different pressures in the tyres but it doesn't make any difference.

So just a heads up to those who are considering 225/45 tyres - not just the Falkens - be prepared for potential sidewall flex.
    Last edited by nickows; 03-04-2009 at 05:17 PM.

The KU36 are fantastic tyres, but to let you in on a little secret the XR5 guys have been exploiting for months now, the 235's are being sold about a $100 cheaper than the 225's.

And yes, they are about the best tyre I have every had the honor of torturing....

in desperate need of some new rubber...

got offered Yokohama Advan A10.... 215 45 R18 for $250 a corner....

how does this tire go and is that good price..... ???? Adrenalins are out of my reach as with the potenzers to price wise....
    Last edited by PaulG; 06-04-2009 at 01:47 PM.

anyone ? lol

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    anyone ? lol
    Sorry mate, got your PM, but I've never used Advans. Only Bridgestones (RE050A & Adrenalins) and Nexen N2000's.

I've heard the Advans are good value, but wear quickly.

At $250 a quart, theres really not much option, although I'd really be looking at getting 225/40/18's instead of the stock 215/45/18's for more width, grip & handling.

My most fav tyre is the Bridgestone Adrenalin 225/40/18. Quiet, grippy & great in the wet

I shreaded my Maxxis MA-V1's after 25000km's
    Gettin new tyres today, dirt cheap piece of sh*t tyres, not even sure what they r at the moment. They'll probably get eaten also...
    My next chain of thought is to see if i can squeeze some 17's on over the calipers and then seeing the world open up for a more affordable good tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    I shreaded my Maxxis MA-V1's after 25000km's
    Gettin new tyres today, dirt cheap piece of sh*t tyres, not even sure what they r at the moment. They'll probably get eaten also...
    My next chain of thought is to see if i can squeeze some 17's on over the calipers and then seeing the world open up for a more affordable good tyre.
    17's fit real easy...as I had SP23 wheels on my car for a week...while I got new tyres.

I now have cheap tyres... $145 a corner 225/40 R18

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    I now have cheap tyres... $145 a corner 225/40 R18

What tyres are they? I would imagine they aren't too spectacular given the price?

Quote Originally Posted by kblume View Post
    What tyres are they? I would imagine they aren't too spectacular given the price?
    Achilles ATR Sport

UTQG 400 AA A

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Look like an aggresive tread pattern, what do you think of them in terms of handling and traction (you had the Maxxis MAV's previously yeah, how do these compare to them?)

I ended up getting a set of nankang ultra sport sp2's. They actually grip a hell of a lot better than the maxxis, both wet and dry. Lets see how they last...

I ended up getting a set of nankang ultra sport sp2's. They actually grip a hell of a lot better than the maxxis, both wet and dry. Lets see how they last...
    How much and where did you get them from

Happy Motoring
    duglet

19. Default

The nankang website lists them as NS-2's. BTW, they are the same grip pattern as the Nexen N2000's.

http://www.nankangtyres.com.au/prodDetail.php?pid=1

They're a directional tyre, hence great in the wet n dry, but they're louder than stock Bridgestones (and Adrenalins)

I personally wouldnt touch em but each to their own.
    Last edited by Wardski; 08-04-2009 at 06:35 PM.

They're actually considebly quieter than the stock bridgies.bbBut that wouldn't take much... & yep, NS2's, no idea where i got sp from.....
    $164 each from beaurepairs at the corner of my street, a few of u would know the one.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast