User Tag List

Thread: Front end bracing

Default Front end bracing

I want to improve the handling so thought a front brace would be effective and economical. MPS Garage have two types:
    - CorkSport MPS 6 One Piece Polished Shock Brace - $240
    or
    - AutoExe MPS 6 Strut Tower Bar -Front - $410

Does anybody have any opinion or experience with either of these to help me choose. Of course I'm attracted to the cheaper but is the more expensive one that much better?

Is fitting DIY or to I have to shell out to have it done?

I think I've only ever seen one car with the AE brace. A few guys have fitted the CS and said good things about improving the feel of the car. I don't think the extra money of the AE is going to buy you any greater performance than the CS.

The interesting thing is that we don't have struts at the front, we have double wishbone arms and theoretically these braces should not make any real difference. But I don't doubt what the guys are saying and I might get CS brace myself.

In terms of fitting, it's probably the easiest thing in the world to fit. Certainly easier and quicker than changing a tyre.

Gone to Volvo

Is this an upgrade.... or an add on... ???

We have a front strut brace fitted stock.... but there is now a mob selling aftermarket ones...

MPS6 front suspension does not require bracing. As kmh001 said, I think you can do it just for the look.