User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRZ Engine Mount Installed

Default TRZ Engine Mount Installed

I just had my TRZ engine mount installed at the lads from Bayside Performace Services. Started the MPS up and thought i had inherited a new exhaust system.

Noticable extra rumble under the bonnet and while driving and the extra vibrations are not as bad as i thought they might be. I will take it for a proper fang tonight and then down with the crew to kingscliffe tomorrow and see how we go

As for Bayside Performance, they were quite good. The car was in and out in an hour and it cost $60. Also while i was in there, i noticed a few CES Racing Pipes. I might have to go and put the car on their Dyno in the next few weeks to see what she pulls
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Keen to hear more on both the mounts and Bayside Perf. I am looking at the mounts and live locally. Currently getting APC at Springwood to do my stuff - they seem good.

Does Bayside have an AWD dyno?

Jim

Yeah well i will let you know how the mount settles down after a weekend of driving but to be honest, if it didnt change much, i could live with it.

Bayside does have an AWD dyno from what i saw this morning

mount job does make a diff hey !! i got the SU one in mine and its a treat !!

do it your self though.. save 60 bucks !! buy some beer hahaha .... its easy as

nah couldnt be bothered and bayside is around the corner from work. For 60 bucks its well worth it.

Plus i wanted it in for saturdays driving mission to saltbar and i wasnt waking up at 5am to do the thing

lolz.. fair enough

Glad your happy matey, as mentioned it will settle after some k's are racked up on it... Say goodbye to axle tramp and hello wheel spin!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    lolz.. fair enough
    SRL is just a lazy ...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    SRL is just a lazy ...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Takes one to know one
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Good stuff Laino. AWD dyno hey???

yeah it looked like it from the brief looksey i took. Ive only done about 10km today and its feeling better already

The AWD dyno question was cos I drive a 6...4paws are better than 2 lol! But lets not start this again.

Any 6ers out there with engine mount mods? Its on my list with spark plugs, cai, turbo inlet pipes, timic and a flash....(evil grin, angry bank manager!)

Jim

Nevermind Guest

Keen to hear the results.as an Engine Mount is on my list of "to do's" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimred07 View Post
    The AWD dyno question was cos I drive a 6...4paws are better than 2 lol! But lets not start this again.

Any 6ers out there with engine mount mods? Its on my list with spark plugs, cai, turbo inlet pipes, timic and a flash....(evil grin, angry bank manager!)

Jim
    Hi Jim,

I was asking because I've nominated myself to organise a dyno day in Feb...so an AWD dyno means we can also do 6 MPS's and any other AWD cars that want to come along.

Cheers,
    Dan

Well ive had the mount in since friday and have done 500km on it and its really settled down. Hardly even notice it apart from crawling in traffic from the spit yesterday.

Now for the Piasini flash, that should test the little sucker out

Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    Well ive had the mount in since friday and have done 500km on it and its really settled down. Hardly even notice it apart from crawling in traffic from the spit yesterday.

Now for the Piasini flash, that should test the little sucker out
    You could go a step further..and test it more....

I know a driver.....they call him the QLD Stig....

He drives a black car

Happy Motoring
    duglet

well i prefer to have my car in one piece and faster than lets say, a SP20 on a OMC Cruise

i still get a bit of vibes at idle with a/c on sometimes... otherwise all is good...

I just ordered the CPE Engine mount from MPS Garage....(along with CPE CAI and one-colder plugs (latter not from MPS Garage).

Quote Originally Posted by jimred07 View Post

Jim
    Jim from my reading it seems there's a 50/50 chance of having severe vibration with a mount in a 6. I ran a SU mount for about 5000km and the vibration was so bad I had to take it out. The mount went into another MPS and the new owner was happy with it. Go figure. Good luck with the cpe mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast