User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tein Super street from sp23

Default Tein Super streets are in

I have been offered some coilovers for a very very very good price. they from a mazda sp23. from what i been told the spring rate in them is stiffer than what the mps would have. would they fit, would they suit the 3 mps?
    Last edited by remotegt; 26-03-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: teins are in. so changed title

bump? anyone know?

Blog Entries

I don't believe so but you would have to check out the Tein website and see if the part numbers match up...the fronts should be fine but the rears I would be worried about.

than ks heaps for the reply

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

TEIN USA | MODEL&PRICE | MAZDA

if you go here. can someone look at this and see if coilovers for mps and normal 3 are same? part numbers match just not sure about all the numbers.

Blog Entries

I would call a Tein dealer to be sure...since on the Tein site it says they are still under development which is incorrect cause I know of a MPS up here with them on it so I would imagine their site isn't up to date,

ok. so far info found. same spring rates front and rear for sp23 hatch/sedan and mps.
    this is from what i have researched. now monday ill ring tein and ask them myself for further confirmation

ok made the phone calls and there the same kit. for mps and sp23 sedan or hatch tein coilovers are the same.

ok the teins are in. they are quite good. alignments and height adjustments are being made today. at the moment it is very low. still quite nice to drive. not to bumpy. steering is a zillion times more responsive and direct. goes round corners super flat now.

Blog Entries

awesome to hear!! put up some pics for sure!

+1 on the pics... Sounds like they have made quite a difference..

heres some pics. handles like a dream now. drove more tonight. can take corners so much quicker now compared to before. pushing hard with stock suspension is now a breeze with teins. rear cobb swaybar goes in tomorrow arvo and will adjust ride height to. gotta raise the rear.

Blog Entries

nice!!! how a MPS should sit nice and looooooow

13. Default

Teins ftw!

Cobb rear swaybar is now on as well. Handling is fantastic.

How much difference did you notice with the swaybar? and what sort of difference?
    Want to get for my car but not sure if i should put it up or down on the (long)list..

It stiffened up the rear a lot more. coilovers were good. but swaybar stiffened it up a lot more and rear end feels very solid now. i have it on losest setting. i have to play around with dampener settings on coilovers to make it better. need a front swaybar now to stiffen the front up. car feels great. im sure it could feel better if i play around with it a bit.
    there is no understeer. oversteer if anything.

id say a swaybar is a great bang for buck mod.

Thanks for your thread on the Teins. I've added them to the list of mods I am about to undertake.
    I was considering changing to Bilsteins with new springs but now I think I'll go with the Teins.
    I have a question about the sway bar. Would any one do. How did you decide on the Cobb?

the cobb one was forsale from a member on here. but i would think any brand would be good. maybe not whiteline though.

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    the cobb one was forsale from a member on here. but i would think any brand would be good. maybe not whiteline though.
    Thanks mate, I'll see what I can find.

BTW whats the problem with the whiteline stuff. I haven't heard anything so I have no idea?
    -----------------------------------------
    Cheers Kypros . . . . D.O.T.B. USN

a friend had one on his sp23, essentially the same and he reckoned the ywerent as good as they could have been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast