User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corksport 4pots

Default Corksport 4pots

Thought some of you guys might be interested
    I'll just leave this right here... - Mazdaspeed Forums

June 20th. Black, red and blue.
    $799.99 for calipers, pads, brackets and stainless lines.
    Fit under stock 18s.

Brake Bias:
    CS Caliper = 4*(pi*(19mm radius)^2) = 4536.46mm2
    Factory Caliper = (pi*(28mm radius)^2) = 2463.01mm2

Weight
    Stock 15.00lbs
    CS Brakes 7.20lbs

Last edited by dazza; 30-06-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

That would be right! Just purchased remsa brake pads!!! Anyone wanna buy my pads...so I can hop on board this deal

Whose keen on Group Buy? Think this is too good an opportunity to pass up ...oh and thanks @dazza for posting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Whose keen on Group Buy? Think this is too good an opportunity to pass up ...oh and thanks @dazza for posting!!!
    Why not wait for other people to buy and test them out etc incase there happens to be any faults.... They aren't proven by others yet.. (secretly i do share your enthusiasm and excitement for these though )
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I like the sound of that :P Let the others in the states be the testing rats... Wait for 6 pots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Why not wait for other people to buy and test them out etc incase there happens to be any faults.... They aren't proven by others yet.. (secretly i do share your enthusiasm and excitement for these though )
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    I like the sound of that :P Let the others in the states be the testing rats... Wait for 6 pots!!!
    Read the thread, as pointed out people mainly want them because they are big and pretty... (which they damn well are) but yes. There will be many test rats over there..

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Completely agree! Even in that relatively short thread (by MSF standards) people have already started to flag the importance that Corksport do this 100% right from a technical and safety standpoint, as opposed to these kits just being an alternative to caliper paint.

They make other great parts and I'm definitely interested, but I'll be waiting for the test mules to provide real world feedback before I place my order.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Damn you Alex @GibbA & Eddie @3MPSPWR *shakes fist* as usual logic must rule & I reluctantly agree.... but these WILL end up on my car if feedback is good or if there is every a good value option available for 6 pots
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I want i want! Please be good!!

They have a real chance to make alot of money here if they are decent as the price is spot on, heres to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Damn you Alex @GibbA & Eddie @3MPSPWR *shakes fist* as usual logic must rule & I reluctantly agree.... but these WILL end up on my car if feedback is good or if there is every a good value option available for 6 pots
    Lol, by the time you're needing new pads they'll be hopefully a great product from corksport performing well with no failures. After all the "test mules" then a group buy would be a great idea! (and i'll have a car to put these on)

For that price I dunno why you wouldn't buy that sexiness.... Hopefully will be a package of awesomeness - increased braking ability of the car (reduced brake fade, increased torque applied to rotor by larger pad area in contact with rotor etc) , weight reduction, great looks and great price...

I say group buy in a couple of months say Oct maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    I say group buy in a couple of months say Oct maybe!
    I like this idea Ken, if all goes well with them sign me up!!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I wonder what type of pads they provide?

Peter "SLIXX"

These look interesting, keen to see some real world tests though - not just some teaser pics! (although, they do look fantastic!)

I may even change to them, as the Brembos are a bastard to get wheels to fit over them

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I wonder what type of pads they provide?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Posted in the thread, will see what CS says

I'll be in the first batch made for the 6.
    Happy to test these out , and rest assured they will definitely be put to the test!

Sorry gents, slightly skeptical about this... from the looks it just stock disks, so it seems a bit of a waste if you're going to run a bigger caliper and stock sized (or aftermarket disks), I dont think you'll get much of a performance increase interms of fade reistance over the stock calipers. They do look the business though... but I still think Madd Aussie's EVO6 swap is the best bet if you want better brakes.

The lower weight is appealing though.

Sure bigger pad area = more fricton, hense stopping power... but more friction = more heat...

The stock brakes have enough stopping power with the right pads. It's other benefits like easy pad changes, even pad wear, less caliper flex etc. There are a lot more benefits from upgrading calipers than just stopping power. In fact, I think these will probably reduce stopping power if anything. If the brake bias is moved any further to the front than it already is then I think stopping power will only be reduced.
    Last edited by Reedy; 14-06-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast