User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coilover decision ??

1. Question Coilover decision ??

Hey guys, so it's time to lower my mps 3. I was just goin to chuck some springs in then thought I'd need to change shocks aswel with all that I could just buy a set of coilovers for same price or couple hundreds more. But now I'm stuck on wich brand to get, so need your help, advice and experience on which brand to steer towards. Cheers.

DGR Coilovers FTW! Around 1k for good Korean engineered coilovers. You'll find at least a handful of members on here with them, I've had mine for about 18months driven daily without 1 issue....where to get them...see Troy @2XS ! Get on it!

3. Default

Yea seen them was going to go with the bc s but I kinda like the dgrs. What's the install charge roughly about? $$
    Last edited by Tk88; 01-05-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tk88 View Post
    Yea seen them was going to go with the bc s but I kinda like the dgrs. What's the install charge roughly about? $$
    Where do you live?

5. Default

Sydney, I see he is in Brisbane bit of a drive lol

Sydney, I see he is in Brisbane bit of a drive lol
    , shame cause he's quite good value for fitting, i'm sure you'd get away with $200-$300 for a workshop to install or there's heaps of members on the forum that i'm sure would be willing to do it for beer and BBQ'd sausages
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

i use Tein

I know that in the rear the spring is separate to the shock, what is involved in fitting them?
    I'm guessing the front is pretty much just take the old out and replace with the new like any coilover install..

Yeah I use Tein super streets on both of my cars, they are awesome, not harsh at all.
    Cheers Todd

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Yea seen them was going to go with the bc s but I kinda like the dgrs.
    Running BC BR-RA in mine, only positive comments from me. Have use Tien, HKS, and Cusco in the past in other cars and these BC are comparable in my opinion for street/light track use.
    Great price, ~$1200ish.

How low are you looking to go? I went BC this time instead of others as they go the lowest of most coilovers without compressing springs, removing locking rings, etc.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

Hey guys, thought I may just chuck in for what it's worth....

I got pedders extreme xc cool overs fitted... Cost approx $1700 total but I knew a dude who knows dudes who can arrange stuff so I'm sure it would be more exxy doing it retail....

Had them installed nearly 12 months ago.. Have been great. Awesome ride, firm but soft (have them set to about half stiffness) and no complaints really.... EXCEPT:

The front right is making a clunk when going over harder bumps and when I have the steering on a lot of turn and pull into a driveway (wheel turned and then suspension compressed) it creaks, sounds like the spring creaks I think. Also, I get a clunk every now and then when i just turn a corner and also some times when reversing and then applying brakes...

Jeez, doesn't sound flash when I think about it!! Anyway, despite the clunks etc, I still believe it's a good product and it def does the job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The front right is making a clunk when going over harder bumps and when I have the steering on a lot of turn and pull into a driveway (wheel turned and then suspension compressed) it creaks, sounds like the spring creaks I think. Also, I get a clunk every now and then when i just turn a corner and also some times when reversing and then applying brakes...
    Might be worth reseating them, and checking the preload. My BC were making noise until i adjusted preload and reseated the springs.
    They shouldn't be knocking at this stage, too new yet for leaks (one would hope)!
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

While we're on the topic of Coilovers. Anyone recommend a workshop for coilover installs?

I've got a set of TEIN Street Advance Coils to go in. Tunehouse quoted $600 which is abit rich for me regardless of their reputation.

Cheers BBB, will be sending her back to Pedders shortly to get the boys to check it!!

15. Default

To be honest not to low the front lip scrapes as it is coming in and out of some driveways my old BMW was Prety low n never had as much of a issue lol it's weird, I'd say maybe drop it inch and a half or so, teins are bit pricey though, so it's either bcs or dgrs- dgr offer lifetime warranty as bcs are only 12 months

DGR'S FTW put mine in my 6 yesty more than happy with them and for 900 cant complain

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I know that in the rear the spring is separate to the shock, what is involved in fitting them?
    I'm guessing the front is pretty much just take the old out and replace with the new like any coilover install..
    rears are just as easy as the fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    While we're on the topic of Coilovers. Anyone recommend a workshop for coilover installs?

I've got a set of TEIN Street Advance Coils to go in. Tunehouse quoted $600 which is abit rich for me regardless of their reputation.
    where do you live?

i live on the sunny coast and can install coilovers (not for a living).

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    where do you live?

i live on the sunny coast and can install coilovers (not for a living).
    Damn, i live in Sydney lol.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    rears are just as easy as the fronts.
    And in reply to the "what is involved in fitting them" bit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast