User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitto NT05

Default Nitto NT05

Hi- anyone tried these Nitto's ? I'm after some feedback before I choose these or the Toyo R888
    225-40-18 NITTO NT05 SEMI SLICK TYRES *BRAND NEW* STREET LEGAL | eBay
    225-40-18 TOYO PROXES R888 GG COMPOUND SEMI SLICK TYRES *BRAND NEW* | eBay
    MPS3 Gen 1. CPE CAI,HTP 3"TIP, Koni FSD, Whiteline RSB, Denso ITV22, CPE DP with 100cell hi flow CAT, Cobb AP, Autotek HPFP internals, ETS top mount intercooler, Anti lift kit, JBR REM 88a, EGR delete, Perm Plate/2 catch cans, GTX2860R, 3barMAP sensor, OS Giken LSD,SP63 pistons 9.5:1,Manley H Beam Rods 22.5mm, Clevite Main Bearings+Rod Bearings,ARP2000 Main Studs,ARP L19 Head Studs

Default Nitto NT05

Ye man, I'm rolling on them right now, amazing Tyres!
    Only complaint, they don't last very long, I've had them on for about 8 months and there already showing signs of old age

That sounds promising.
    Would you say the Toyos are more of a track orientated tyre ? I don't mind paying the extra for the Toyos if they are much more grippy than the Nittos.

Default Nitto NT05

What about the Achilles 123. Haven't run them before but heard they are real sticky and good.

They look like more of a high performance tyre than a semi slick. I can't find any specials on these tyres in my size. Planning to run semi slicks on the front & decent road tyres on the rear to promote over steer.

r888 i believe are a R rated tyre so more suitable for track use then the NT05, i've got a few mates that use them and they have mixed opinions 1 loves them the other 2 don't well not for daily use anyway... Take to long to get up to a useable temp and noise is quiet bad.

How about the federal RSR? if your looking for a track tyre hard to look past a R888 but maybe a KU36 (Kumho)?

The Federals are a good price. I will contact them to find out when it was manufactured.

do you want drag radials or circuit semi slicks.
    NT05 are for drag racing i think, NT01 are circuit.
    what about advan AO48

Im after semi slick for circuit racing.

i have AO32 on another car of mine and they stick like shit to a blanket.
    try and find a goot 2nd hand set of AO48's and you'll be blown away.

they use them for time attack for good reasons

Im running the Nitto NT05 tyres on my Gen 2 3 MPS. Awesome tyres for grip and not bad in wet conditions aswell plus they look awesome, I use my car for daily use, have done 10 000km's on them, just rotated them as well, think i will get another 10 000, and they are at a good price as well

Twenty B is correct, NT05 is mainly a drag racing tyre not the type I'm after now.

Default Re: Nitto NT05

R888 for circuit is the go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MATMPS View Post
    Im running the Nitto NT05 tyres on my Gen 2 3 MPS. Awesome tyres for grip and not bad in wet conditions aswell plus they look awesome, I use my car for daily use, have done 10 000km's on them, just rotated them as well, think i will get another 10 000, and they are at a good price as well

How are they for noise on a daily driver?
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

They are a bit noisier than the OEM Dunlop tyres, but hey, Im willing to sacrifice tyre noise for better grip and looks, Nothing a bit of the volume control cant fix, all in all but not to bad.

I bought 2 x Toyo Proxies R888. What an awesome tyre. Plenty of grip, time to have fun with some oversteer.

Just make sure you keep heat cycling them properly.

Threadbump.

What are your thoughts on these, for those who were running? Looking for some new tread as my wheels will be here within ~1-2months.
    They get good reviews online, comments generally being okay in the wet although don't wear as well.

I was just looking at a pair of NT01 100treadwear for track. They look alright from the reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast